Cubs Return to Wrigley Field for Seven Games Against Angels, Rockies and Cardinals
The Cubs return to Wrigley Field to host the Los Angeles Angels (June 3), Colorado Rockies (June 4-6) and the St. Louis Cardinals (June 7-9). The Monday, June 3, game against the Angels is a makeup game for the April 14 postponed game.
Cubs fans can vote their favorite Cubs players to the 2019 All-Star Game. This year, MLB teamed up with Google to introduce a new format, which includes two phases of fan voting to determine the All-Star starters. During “The Primary” phase, fans can vote up to five times a day until Friday, June 21. That evening the top three vote-getters at each position (and the top nine outfielders) in each league will be revealed and they will move on to the second phase of voting. “The Starters Election” will begin Wednesday, June 26, and conclude Thursday, June 27, with the results announced that night. Fans can cast their votes online by visiting www.cubs.com/vote. Fans who vote at least 100 times using the same email address and select the “Chicago Cubs” as their favorite team will automatically be entered into the 2019 Cubs All-Star Ballot Sweepstakes for a chance to win two tickets to the 2019 All-Star Game in Cleveland, Ohio. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
Cubs President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein, Hall of Fame baseball writer Peter Gammons and Cubs broadcaster Len Kasper join an All-Star lineup of musicians and personalities at the Eighth Annual Hot Stove Cool Music Chicago benefit concert Friday, June 7, at The Metro Chicago. The event celebrates music, baseball and giving back. Proceeds from the event support Cubs Charities and Epstein’s Foundation To Be Named Later. For more information, visit www.foundationtobenamedlater.org.
Food and Beverage Offerings:
The Chicago Cubs and hospitality partner Levy continue their crowd-pleasing Chef Series presented by Maker’s Mark for a third year with an expanded lineup of local celebrity chefs. Fans can expect a dynamic menu of offerings inspired by the chefs’ signature items and their take on ballpark favorites. For the full list of participating chefs, visit www.cubs.com/chefseries.
Fans can get their first taste of the 2019 Chef Series when Graham Elliot, a diehard baseball fan and award-winning chef, restaurateur, television personality and cookbook author, serves up his enlightened takes on al fresco ballpark fare from June 3-9. Fans can enjoy the following menu at the Sheffield Corner near, the Wintrust Right Field Gate:
- Grahamwich Grilled Cheese – Wisconsin cheddar, tomato marmalade, Butterkäse and crispy bacon
- Graham Slam Burger – Grilled red onions, baby watercress, melted brie and roasted garlic mayo
- Lobster Corndog – Lobster sausage, lemon aioli, smoked paprika and fresh herbs
- Bases Loaded Tots – Cheese curds, giardiniera, crispy bacon and chives
The Cubs and hospitality partner Levy continue to bring locally sourced, chef-driven menu items to Wrigley Field, including pork tenders, beer can chicken sandwich, short rib disco fries, Wrigley house chips and more. For more information, visit www.cubs.com/food.
Hot Doug’s returns with its rotating selections on Platform 14, located behind the center field scoreboard in the Budweiser Bleachers. Served this homestand are the Les Lancaster, a beef and pork thuringer sausage with beer mustard, caramelized onions and cheddar cheese; the Paul Popovich, a Mexican chorizo sausage with spicy salsa and pepper jack cheese; the Rick Reuschel, a spicy Vienna Beef sausage with jalapeño mustard, pepper jack cheese and crispy-fried onions.
Homestand Details June 3-9
Monday, June 3, Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Angels, 3:05pm CDT (Makeup game from April 14)
- Promotion: Replica Wrigley Field Statue presented by Xfinity, up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
- Special Ticket Offer: Jackie Robinson
- First pitch: Illinois Supreme Court Justice P. Scott Neville Jr.
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Actor and Chicago native Joe Mantegna
- Broadcast: WGN, 670 The Score, WRTO 1200, Cubs.com
Tuesday, June 4, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:05pm CDT
- Special Ticket Offer: Health Care Appreciation presented by Allscripts
- Pregame: Javy Báez will host a group from the Hispanic Housing Development Corporation as part of his “Los Magos” program
- First pitch: Former Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Chicago Bears Eddie Jackson and Khalil Mack
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Wednesday, June 5, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:05pm CDT
- Special Ticket Offer: Youth Baseball and Softball
- Pregame: Lake View High School baseball team will be recognized for winning its second consecutive Chicago Public Schools City Championship
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Northwestern University football head coach Pat Fitzgerald
- Broadcast: WGN, MLB Network, 670 The Score, WRTO 1200, Cubs.com
Thursday, June 6, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:20pm CDT
- Promotion: Cubs Cap presented by Wendella, up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
- Special Ticket Offer: Senior Days presented by Humana
- First pitch: UFC fighter and Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo
- 7th inning stretch: Actor and comedian Jeff Garlin
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Friday, June 7, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:20pm CDT
- Promotion: Cubs Cap Artist Series presented by Budweiser, up to the first 5,000 early arriving Budweiser Bleacher adults, age 21 and older
- Pregame: Cubs Wives will host their Mystery Baseball fundraiser at Gallagher Way benefiting Cubs Charities
- First pitch: From the Netflix series “Queer Eye” Jonathan Van Ness
- First pitch: Reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel
- First pitch: Merlot, artist from the Cubs Cap Artist Series
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, MLB Network, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
- Postgame: As part of his Respect Community T-shirt initiative, Joe Maddon will represent Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Chicago, a nonprofit community development intermediary that partners with Cubs Charities to implement the Diamond Project
- Postgame: Theo Epstein’s Hot Stove Cool Music benefit concert at The Metro Chicago
Saturday, June 8, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 6:15pm CDT
- First pitch: Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine
- First pitch: Chicago native and hip-hop artist Taylor Bennett
- 7th inning stretch: Award-winning chef and television personality Graham Elliot
- Broadcast: FOX, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Sunday, June 9, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 6:05pm CDT
- Promotion: Cubs Headphones presented by Mastercard, up to the first 5,000 early arriving children 13 and younger
- First pitch: Chicago Bears wide receiver Anthony Miller
- First pitch: Inner-City Muslim Action Network Associate Director Shamar Hemphill
- Broadcast: ESPN, 670 The Score, Cubs.com