Cubs Top Prospect Watch
D.J. Wilson and Oscar De La Cruz remained the hottest prospects over the past week. Wilson is batting .444 over his last 10 games and De La Cruz is coming off of a nine strikeout performance.
Here then, is how the top prospects have fared this season, or since their recent promotions:
- Aramis Ademan (SS) – .250/.354/.310/.663, four doubles, three triples, 15 walks, 22 strikeouts, 168 at bats, 13 RBI, 14 stolen bases (Dominican Summer League Cubs-2)
- Miguel Amaya (C) – .256/.340/.335/.675, 11 doubles, a home run, 15 walks, 22 strikeouts, 176 at bats, 20 RBI, six stolen bases (Dominican Summer League Cubs-2)
- Dylan Cease (RHP) – 1-0 in seven starts with a 3.80 ERA, 1.497 WHIP, 20 hits, 10 earned runs, 15 walks, and 27 strikeouts in 23.2 innings. (Short Season-A Eugene Emeralds)
- Oscar De La Cruz (RHP) – 0-0 in two starts with a 0.93 ERA, 0.725 WHIP, five hits, an earned run, two walks, and 16 strikeouts in 9.2 innings. (Low-A South Bend Cubs)
- Ian Happ (2B/OF) – .264/.302/.384/.686, 10 doubles, three home runs, nine walks, 35 strikeouts, 159 at bats, 19 RBI, three stolen bases (Double-A Tennessee Smokies)
- Bryan Hudson (LHP) – 2-3 in eight starts with a 4.37 ERA, 1.657 WHIP, 32 hits, 10 earned runs, 26 walks, and 18 strikeouts in 35 innings. (Short Season-A Eugene Emeralds)
- Eloy Jimenez (OF) – .335/.374/.529/.903, 36 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs, 23 walks, 85 strikeouts, 391 at bats, 72 RBI, eight stolen bases (Low-A South Bend Cubs)
- Eddy Julio Martinez (OF) – .264/.342/.397/.739, 20 doubles, two triples, nine home runs, 44 walks, 96 strikeouts, 383 at bats, 62 RBI, six stolen bases (Low-A South Bend Cubs)
- Jen-Ho Tseng (RHP) – 5-5 in 17 starts with a 3.44 ERA, 1.390 WHIP, 92 hits, 33 earned runs, 28 walks, and 52 strikeouts in 86.1 innings. (Double-A Tennessee Smokies)
- D.J. Wilson (OF) – .255/.337/.383/.720, eight doubles, a triple, three home runs, 17 walks, 34 strikeouts, 149 at bats, 23 RBI, nine stolen bases (Short Season-A Eugene Emeralds)
All statistics are as of end of play Monday, Aug. 8.
From a variety of sources, readers nominated Tennessee relief pitcher James Farris. To find out more about nominating a wild card for next week, see below.
- James Farris (RHP) – 0-3 with four saves in 18 appearances with a 3.04 ERA, 1.125 WHIP, 23 hits, nine earned runs, seven walks, and 27 strikeouts in 26.2 innings. (Double-A Tennessee Smokies)
Nominate a Wild Card
The Top Prospect Watch is taking weekly nominations for a “wild card” player to be followed on a one week basis. Cast your votes in the comments section, and the player with the most votes will be part of the Cubs Top Prospect Watch next week.