Cubs prospect LHP Jose Paulino earns second Northwest League Pitcher of the Week Award in July – Promoted to Low-A South Bend Cubs
Minor League Baseball announced its players and pitchers of the week (July 18-24) for each level of the minor league system. And for the second time this month, lefty Jose Paulino took home the Pitcher of the Week Award in the Northwest League. Paulino was the Northwest League Pitcher of the Week earlier this month (July 4-10).
Jose Paulino, 21, made one start last week and he allowed just two hits and one walk over seven shutout innings. Paulino struck out seven in the Emeralds 4-0 win over the Hops.
The Cubs promoted Jose Paulino to Low-A South Bend on Monday and he’s making his debut with the South Bend Cubs in the Midwest League on Wednesday.
Paulino started six games for the Emeralds and was 4-0 with a 0.51 ERA and 0.63 WHIP. Paulino allowed just three runs, two earned, on 19 hits with three walks and 37 strikeouts in 35 innings.
Jose Paulino led the Northwest League in ERA (0.51) and WHIP (0.63) before the promotion.
Cubs Minor League Players of the Week – 2016
- OF Bijan Rademacher – Southern League (April 7-17)
- INF Chesny Young – Southern League (April 18-24)
- RHP Paul Blackburn – Southern League (April 18-24)
- 2B Ian Happ – Carolina League (April 18-24)
- 1B Dan Vogelbach – Pacific Coast League (May 9-15)
- INF Jason Vosler – Carolina League (May 9-15)
- 1B Yasiel Balaguert – Carolina League (May 16-22)
- C Ian Rice – Midwest League (May 23-29)
- RHP Jake Buchanan – Pacific Coast League (May 30-June 5)
- 2B/OF Ian Happ – Carolina League (June 13-19)
- SS/2B Andruw Monasterio – Northwest League (June 20-26)
- LHP Jose Paulino – Northwest League (July 4-10)
- 1B Yasiel Balaguert – Carolina League (July 18-24)
- LHP Jose Paulino – Northwest League (July 18-24)