Cubs Top Prospect Watch
An injury has altered the line up for this week, as INF Chesney Young replaces RHP Ryan Williams on The Watch.
- Willson Contreras (C) – .329/.418/.559/.977, 11 doubles, a triple, eight home runs, 30 RBI, two stolen bases (Iowa Cubs)
- Ian Happ (2B/OF) – .274/.392/.430/.822, nine doubles, two triples, five home runs, 27 RBI, seven stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Eloy Jimenez (OF) – .337/.379/.551/.930, 14 doubles, a triple, eight home runs, 35 RBI, four stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Eddy Julio Martinez (OF) – .223/.297/.355/.653, seven doubles, five home runs, 25 RBI, three stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Billy McKinney (OF) – .245/.348/.291/.640, five doubles, a triple, 14 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
- Carson Sands (LHP) – 5-0, 43.1 innings, 2.91 ERA, 14 earned runs, 25 strikeouts, 1.200 WHIP (South Bend Cubs)
- Gleyber Torres (SS) – .253/.325/.430/.755, 11 doubles, two triples, six home runs, 20 RBI, seven stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Duane Underwood Jr. (RHP) – 0-1, 26.0 innings, 5.19 ERA, 15 earned runs, 18 strikeouts, 1.692 WHIP (Tennessee Smokies)
- Chesny Young (INF/OF) – .314/.402/.378/.780, four doubles, a triple, two home runs, 12 RBI, 13 stolen bases (Tennessee Smokies)
- Mark Zagunis (OF) – .301/.415/.431/.847, 11 doubles, three home runs, 18 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
All statistics are as of end of play Monday, May 30.
Another tie occurred among CCO’s readers, as they nominated Myrtle Beach pitcher Erick Leal along with Iowa first baseman Dan Vogelbach as their “wild card” prospects. To find out more about nominating a wild card for next week, see below.
- Erick Leal (RHP) – 6–2, 43.2 innings, 3.71 ERA, 18 earned runs, 24 strikeouts, 1.214 WHIP (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Dan Vogelbach (1B) – .298/.418/.484/.902, nine doubles, seven home runs, 36 RBI (Iowa Cubs)
Nominate a Wild Card
The Top Prospect Watch is taking weekly nominations for a “wild card” player to be followed on a one week basis. Cast your votes in the comments section, and the player with the most votes will be part of the Top Prospect Watch next week.