Cubs Top Prospect Watch
The readers have tripled their pleasure this week as they nominated three wild card entries to the Watch.
- Willson Contreras (C) – .328/.423/.496/.920, nine doubles, a triple, four home runs, 21 RBI, two stolen bases (Iowa Cubs)
- Ian Happ (2B/OF) – .273/.380/.435/.815, nine doubles, two triples, four home runs, 24 RBI, six stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Eloy Jimenez (OF) – .338/.376/.583/.913, 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs, 25 RBI, four stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Eddy Julio Martinez (OF) – .212/.280/.349/.629, five doubles, five home runs, 23 RBI, three stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Billy McKinney (OF) – .234/.342/.277/.619, four doubles, a triple, 12 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
- Carson Sands (LHP) – 5-0, 37.1 innings, 3.38 ERA, 14 earned runs, 20 strikeouts, 15 walks, 31 hits, 1.232 WHIP (South Bend Cubs)
- Gleyber Torres (SS) – .242/.316/.408/.724, 10 doubles, two triples, four home runs, 18 RBI, five stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Duane Underwood Jr. (RHP) – 0-1, 22.0 innings, 4.91 ERA, 12 earned runs, 15 strikeouts, 12 walks, 23 hits, 1.591 WHIP (Tennessee Smokies)
- Ryan Williams (RHP) – 4-1, 43.2 innings, 3.30 ERA, 16 earned runs, 30 strikeouts,, 12 walks, 43 hits, 1.260 WHIP (Iowa Cubs)
- Mark Zagunis (OF) – .286/.406/.398/.805, nine doubles, two home runs, 15 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
All statistics are current as of end of play Monday, May 23
Once again, there was a tie as CCO’s readers nominated Myrtle Beach catcher Cael Brockmeyer and pitcher Jeremy Null, along with Tennessee catcher Victor Caratini as their “wild card” prospects. To find out more about nominating a wild card for next week, see below.
- Cael Brockmeyer (C) – .200/.299/.387/.686, two doubles, four home runs, 12 RBI, two stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Victor Caratini (C) – .273/.394/.367/.761, nine doubles, a home run, 14 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
- Jeremy Null (RHP) – 1–0, 12.0 innings, 0.75 ERA, one earned run, 12 strikeouts, six walks, seven hits, 1.083 WHIP (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
Nominate a Wild Card
The Top Prospect Watch is taking weekly nominations for a “wild card” player to be followed on a one week basis. Cast your votes in the comments section, and the player with the most votes will be part of the Top Prospect watch next week.