Cubs Top Prospect Watch
Here then, is how the top prospects in the system have fared:
- Willson Contreras (C) – .336/.431/.500/.931, eight doubles, a triple, three home runs, 18 RBI, two stolen bases (Iowa Cubs)
- Ian Happ (INF/OF) – .274/.373/.444/.818, nine doubles, a triple, four home runs, 22 RBI, five stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Eloy Jimenez (OF) – .303/.333/.447/.780, 11 doubles, a triple, two home runs, 17 RBI, three stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Eddy Julio Martinez (OF) – .237/.305/.381/.687, five doubles, four home runs, 20 RBI, three stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
- Billy McKinney (OF) – .222/.328/.256/.585, four doubles, nine RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
- Carson Sands (LHP) – 3-0, 25.1 innings, 3.55 ERA, 10 earned runs, 14 strikeouts, 1.303 WHIP (South Bend Cubs)
- Gleyber Torres (SS) – .244/.331/.412/.743, eight doubles, a triple, four home runs, 18 RBI, five stolen bases (Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
- Duane Underwood Jr. (RHP) – 0-1, 17.0 innings, 4.76 ERA, nine earned runs, 15 strikeouts, 1.647 WHIP (Tennessee Smokies)
- Ryan Williams (RHP) – 4-1, 38.2 innings, 3.49 ERA, 15 earned runs, 28 strikeouts, 1.267 WHIP (Iowa Cubs)
- Mark Zagunis (OF) – .261/.388/.365/.754, six doubles, two home runs, 13 RBI, a stolen base (Tennessee Smokies)
All statistics are current as of end of play Monday, May 16
Responses last week were once again overwhelming, as CCO’s readers used several internet sources to nominate South Bend outfielder Daniel Spingola as their “wild card” prospect.
To find out more about nominating a wild card for next week, see below.
- Daniel Spingola (OF) – .340/.404/.415/.819, five doubles, a triple, seven RBI, four stolen bases (South Bend Cubs)
Nominate a Wild Card
The Top Prospect Watch is taking weekly nominations for a “wild card” player to be followed on a one week basis. Cast your votes in the comments section, and the player with the most votes will be part of the Top Prospect Watch next week.