Chicago Cubs Host the San Francisco Giants and Milwaukee Brewers Aug. 6-13 – Jon Lester’s NVRQT Campaign to Host NVRQT Night at Metro Chicago on Aug. 13
The Cubs look to build on their place in the N.L. Central Division and Wild Card standings as they return to Wrigley Field for series vs. the Giants (Aug. 6-9) and Brewers (Aug. 11-13). Fans can enjoy a number of promotional giveaways, events and entertainment throughout the homestand.
Following the game Thursday, Aug 13, Cubs pitcher and cancer survivor Jon Lester and his wife Farrah will host NVRQT Night at Metro Chicago. The night will include a celebrity “3 Up, 3 Down” tic-tac-toe-themed game show featuring Jon and Farrah, plus Cubs players Anthony Rizzo and David Ross, former Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster, Chicago native and former professional wrestler CM Punk, along with other celebrities, coaches and teammates as contestants throughout the evening. Attendees can watch the excitement, partake in live and silent auctions and enjoy dinner and cocktails. A limited number of general admission tickets are available for $200 at www.cubs.com/NVRQT. Tickets include food and beverage. Net proceeds from the event will benefit Lester’s NVRQT campaign, run by the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (PCRF), which helps raise awareness and money for pediatric cancer research.
Once the homestand concludes, Wrigley Field will host the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game, powered by Baseball Factory, Saturday, Aug. 15, at 3:05pm CDT. The game features a collection of the country’s top high school prospects during a weekend of intense competition, instruction and national exposure. Since the game’s inception in 2008, 217 of the 255 draft-eligible players from the Under Armour All-America Game were selected in the MLB Amateur Draft, including 60 first-round picks. Fans can learn more about the game and secure complimentary tickets at www.baseballfactory.com/allamerica.
Tickets remain available for both the Giants and Brewers series at www.cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827). Details of the homestand follow.
• On Thursday, Aug. 6, up to the first 10,000 fans at the game will receive a Cubs Water Bottle presented by Comcast SportsNet. As part of Cholesterol Awareness Night, AstraZeneca will offer free lipid screenings and cholesterol education to fans 18-and-older across from Wrigley Field on Addison Street from 4:00pm CDT through the third inning.
• On Friday, Aug. 7, up to the first 10,000 fans 21-and-older will receive a Cubs Floppy Hat presented by RumChata.
• Kids Sundays continue Sunday, Aug. 9, with up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger receiving a “Construction Clark” Plush Bear. The first 1,000 kids 13-and-under can run the bases post-game, weather permitting.
• On Tuesday, Aug. 11, the Cubs invite Girls Scouts and their family members to join Girl Scout Night at Wrigley Field. Participants who attend this Special Group Night receive a commemorative Cubs-themed Scout Patch with their ticket, available at www.cubs.com/specialevents.
• Wednesday, Aug. 12, is Law Enforcement Appreciation Night. Fans can show their support of Chicagoland law enforcement as each designated ticket in the Terrace Reserved Outfield includes a special Cubs Law Enforcement Baseball Cap. Special Group Night tickets are available at www.cubs.com/specialevents.
Let’s Give Charitable Campaign:
As part of this year’s ongoing “Let’s Give” campaign, fans will have the opportunity to learn more about Cubs Charities programming and give back to the community.
• Following the game Friday, Aug. 7, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his “Respect Community” charity T-shirt initiative by representing the Breakthrough Youth Network. Breakthrough partners with those affected by poverty to build connections, develop skills and open doors of opportunity. The Breakthrough Youth Network, with the support of a grant from Cubs Care, a fund of the McCormick Foundation, serves more than 780 students through an education and sports programming for at-risk youth. Breakthrough recently opened a FamilyPlex in East Garfield Park, including an indoor baseball training facility funded by a Cubs Charities Diamond Project grant.
• Jon and Farrah Lester’s NVRQT Night at Metro Chicago takes place Thursday, Aug. 13, at 7:00pm CDT, featuring a celebrity “3 Up, 3 Down” game show, live and silent auctions, dinner and cocktails. A limited number of general admission tickets are available for $200 at www.cubs.com/NVRQT. Net proceeds from the event will benefit Lester’s NVRQT campaign, run by the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (PCRF), which helps raise awareness and money for pediatric cancer research.
Guests and Entertainment:
• On Thursday, Aug. 6, Chicago-native actor Joel Murray will throw a ceremonial first pitch and lead the 7th inning stretch.
• On Friday, August 7, Hall of Fame Chicago Blackhawks broadcaster Pat Foley will throw a first pitch and lead the stretch.
• Former Cubs pitcher Rick Sutcliffe will throw a first pitch and lead the stretch Saturday, Aug. 8.
• Northwestern University Men’s Basketball Coach Chris Collins will throw a pitch and lead the stretch Sunday, August 9.
• Chicago-native rock band Umphrey’s McGee will join the team for the National Anthem, first pitch and 7th inning stretch Tuesday, Aug. 11.
• The Blue Angels, the U.S. Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron, will lead the stretch Wednesday, Aug. 12.
• The Decade Diner in the right field concourse will continue its rotating menu of homestand specials with a BBQ Brisket Sandwich featuring 18-hour-smoked beef brisket, Levy Restaurant’s signature BBQ sauce, lettuce and tomato on a Martin’s famous potato roll. Fans also can order a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich with a breaded chicken breast, housemade marinara sauce and provolone on a toasted garlic hoagie roll.
• Platform 14, the outdoor concession area in the Budweiser Bleachers located behind the center field scoreboard, will continue serving three rotating selections of Hot Doug’s sausages. New this homestand are the “Mick Kelleher,” a bacon cheeseburger sausage with ketchup aioli, chopped bacon and Swiss cheese, and the “Ray Burris,” a chicken chorizo sausage with jalapeño dijonnaise and Chihuahua cheese. Returning is the “Champ Summers,” a spicy Vienna Polish sausage served with Goose Island beer mustard and crispy fried onions.
Homestand Recap, August 6-13:
Thursday, Aug. 6 vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:05pm CDT
- Promotion: Cubs Water Bottle presented by Comcast SportsNet, up to the first 10,000 fans
- Cholesterol Awareness Night presented by AstraZeneca: Free lipid screenings and cholesterol education to fans 18-and-older across from Wrigley Field on Addison Street (4 p.m. through 3rd inning)
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Chicago-native actor Joel Murray
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Friday, Aug. 7 vs. San Francisco Giants, 3:05pm CDT
- Promotion: Cubs Floppy Hat presented by RumChata, up to the first 10,000 fans 21-and-older
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Hall of Fame Chicago Blackhawks broadcaster Pat Foley
- Broadcast: WGN, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Saturday, Aug. 8 vs. San Francisco Giants, 3:05pm CDT
- Promotion: Ron Santo Retired Number Flag presented by StubHub, up to the first 10,000 fans
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Former Cubs pitcher Rick Sutcliffe
- Broadcast: ABC 7, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Sunday, Aug. 9 vs. San Francisco Giants, 1:20pm CDT
- Promotion: “Construction Clark” Plush Bear, up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger
- Northwestern University Men’s Basketball Coach Chris Collins
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Kids Run the Bases post-game, first 1,000 kids 13-and-under
- Broadcast: CSN, TBS, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Tuesday, Aug. 11 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:05pm CDT
- Special Group Night: Girl Scout Night
- Designated tickets include a Cubs-themed Scout Patch
- National Anthem, first pitch and 7th inning stretch: Chicago-native rock band Umphrey’s McGee
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Wednesday, Aug. 12 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:05pm CDT
- Special Group Night: Law Enforcement Appreciation Night
- Designated tickets include a Cubs Law Enforcement Baseball Cap
- 7th inning stretch: Blue Angels, the U.S. Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Thursday, Aug. 13 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 1:20pm
- Broadcast: ABC 7, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- NVRQT Night at Metro Chicago