Cubs Host the Reds (June 11-14) and Indians (June 15-16) – Budweiser Bleachers Reopen in Right Field on June 11, Budweiser Bleacher Fridays Continue with Country Day on June 12
The Cubs will return to Wrigley Field to host the Reds (June 11-14) and Indians (June 15-16). The right field section of the Budweiser Bleachers returns June 11 as well, completing the full complement of seating for the restored and expanded Budweiser Bleachers. Work will continue through early July to finalize additional amenities and concessions, including Platform 14—a new outdoor concession area located behind the historic center field scoreboard.
Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue during the homestand with Country Day, June 12, where each fan in the bleachers 21-and-older will receive a Country Cap presented by Budweiser. Country Day includes country music, décor and entertainment, including bag toss games available in the new Right Field Porch before first pitch. One set of fans will be awarded an entry into Jason Motte Foundation’s Chicago Cornhole Challenge Sept. 19. This Friday also marks the return of the team’s #BudFridays social media contest. Fans 21-and-older in the Budweiser Bleachers are encouraged to wear their favorite country attire Friday and share photos on Twitter and Instagram using the #BudFridays hashtag. One creative winner will be selected from all eligible entries to receive four tickets to the next Budweiser Bleacher Friday event (Red, White and Brew, July 3). Official rules, prize value and details are available at the team’s #BudFridays contest page.
Fans will have the opportunity to help their community while meeting Cubs players, wives and alumni during several events this homestand. On Saturday, June 13, at 10:00am CDT, Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta presents Catch in the Confines, where he will host a meet and greet with participants, take photos and sign autographs. Families, friends and fans of all ages also have the opportunity to spend 50 minutes playing catch in the outfield, visiting the batting cage and chatting in the dugout. Proceeds benefit the Cubs Scholars program, which offers scholarships and mentoring to deserving students in need. Tickets make for a great Father’s Day gift and are available at www.cubs.com/catch.
During Saturday evening’s game, from 5:00pm CDT through the second inning, Cubs wives will sell autographed mystery baseballs on the concourse near Gate F. Proceeds will benefit Cubs Charities.
Following the homestand on Thursday, June 18, the Wood Family Foundation will join Cubs Charities to host the Kerry and Friends Battle of the Bats Home Run Derby. Kerry Wood and other Cubs alumni will coach players to swing for the fences while competing for the ultimate title of Home Run Derby Champion. Fundraising will benefit underserved youth in Chicago through Cubs Charities and the Wood Family Foundation. Roster spots are nearly sold out, so interested participants should register soon at www.cubs.com/derby.
Ticket availability is limited for Friday and Saturday’s games. Fans may check availability for each game this homestand at www.cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827). Highlights of the homestand follow.
• Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue at Wrigley Field with Country Day, June 12, as all Budweiser Bleacher guests 21-and-older receive a Country Cap presented by Budweiser. Country Day includes special entertainment, music and promotions.
• The first 10,000 fans at the game Saturday, June 13, will receive a Joe Maddon Cubs Debut Bobblehead presented by Pepsi.
• Kids Sundays continue June 14, when the first 5,000 children 13-and-younger will receive a Joe Maddon OYO Dugout Set.
Guests and Entertainment:
• On Thursday, June 11, USA Swimming Men’s National Team members Conor Dwyer and Cullen Jones will throw ceremonial first pitches and lead the 7th inning stretch. Professional golfer Fuzzy Zoeller will throw a first pitch as well.
• On Friday, June 12, Chicago Bears 2015 first-round draft choice wide receiver Kevin White will throw a ceremonial first pitch. US 99.5 FM Country Music Hosts Lisa Dent and Ramblin’ Ray will lead the 7th inning stretch to coincide with Country Day in the Budweiser Bleachers.
• University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball Coach Mike Brey will throw a first pitch and lead the stretch Saturday, June 13.
• Chicago Bears safety Ryan Mundy will throw a first pitch Sunday, June 14.
• Bradley University Director of Athletics Dr. Chris Reynolds will throw a first pitch Tuesday, June 16, while former Cubs outfielder Bob Dernier will lead the stretch.
The Decade Diner, located in the right field concourse, will serve a Footlong Chili Cheese Dog, which features a footlong Vienna Beef hot dog served with traditional Cincinnati chili, diced onions, cheddar cheese and yellow mustard. A Blackened Tilapia Po’boy also will be available, featuring Cajun-spiced tilapia, shredded crisp lettuce, sliced tomatoes and Cajun aioli on a toasted hoagie roll.
Homestand Recap, June 11-16:
Thursday, June 11 vs. Cincinnati Reds, 7:05pm CDT
- Reopening of the right field Budweiser Bleachers
- First pitch: Professional golfer Fuzzy Zoeller
- First pitches and 7th inning stretch: USA Swimming Men’s National Team members Conor Dwyer and Cullen Jones
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Friday, June 12 vs. Cincinnati Reds, 3:05pm CDT
- Budweiser Bleacher Fridays: Country Day
- Country Cap presented by Budweiser, all Budweiser Bleacher guests 21-and-older
- First pitch: Chicago Bears 2015 first-round draft choice, wide receiver Kevin White
- 7th inning stretch: US 99.5 FM Country Music Hosts Lisa Dent and Ramblin’ Ray
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
- Post-game press conference: Joe Maddon’s “Respect Community” charity T-shirt initiative, Cubs Care Girls Fast Pitch RBI Softball
Saturday, June 13 vs. Cincinnati Reds, 6:15pm CDT
- Promotion: Joe Maddon Cubs Debut Bobblehead presented by Pepsi, first 10,000 fans
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball Coach Mike Brey
- Broadcast: FOX, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Sunday, June 14 vs. Cincinnati Reds, 7:08pm CDT
- Promotion: Joe Maddon OYO Dugout Set, first 5,000 children 13-and-younger
- First pitch: Chicago Bears safety Ryan Mundy
- Broadcast: ESPN (Baseball Tonight filming live pregame), ESPN Radio, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Monday, June 15 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:05pm CDT
- Broadcast: WPWR, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Tuesday, June 16 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:05pm CDT
- First pitch: Bradley University Director of Athletics Dr. Chris Reynolds
- 7th inning stretch: Former Cubs outfielder Bob Dernier
- Broadcast: CSN+, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com