Special Report – South Bend Cubs Media Day
Chicago Cubs Online was invited to Media Day for the Cubs’ new Single-A affiliate, the South Bend Cubs. The CCO would like to thank Owner Andrew T. Berlin, Team President Joe Hart, Director of Creative Services Chris Hagstrom, Media Assistant Mike Monaco, and Radio Broadcaster Darin Pritchett for allowing us to attend.
The CCO would also like to thank Mike Usiak, who gave up time on his birthday to serve as photographer and Lauren Usiak for her help and technical assistance.
• “The Cubs are a great organization; they push you hard to be your best.” – David Bote
• “They plan to play me all over the infield in order to make me more versatile.” – Jason Vosler
• “I’m mainly a sinkerball pitcher. It’s great to get back playing.” – Ryan Williams
• “It will be a challenge becoming a reliever, you have to go out and get your arm hot” – James Norwood
• “There is a good chemistry between all of the outfielders on the team.” – Rashad Crawford
• “I keep pushing myself. I want to grind every pitch.” – Charcer Burks
• “I love where this organization is headed.” – Justin Marra
Jimmy Gonzalez Press Conference
“The season is a grind. Most of these players have not played this much in their lives, they have to be prepared,” Jimmy Gonzalez said. “I’m here to try to help the players make the most of their opportunity.”
Three things always present in Gonzalez’s office: The line-up card, his chess board, and the Bible.
South Bend Cubs Performance Center
South Bend Cubs Player Photos
Jesse Hodges, Rashad Crawford, and Cael Brockmeyer get ready to take on Notre Dame … Gleyber Torres (No. 7) leads the team on the field for stretching … the South Bend Cubs’ dugout anticipating game time … and Jimmy Gonzalez goes over the ground rules.