Eighth Annual Fall Stars Game – East vs. West
- Game Time – 7:00pm CDT
- Coverage – TV: MLB Network, MLB.com
- Location – Surprise Stadium, Surprise AZ
Aaron Sanchez (East) (0-1, 1.35/0.98) vs. Alex Meyer (West) (2-0, 3.63/1.21)
The eighth annual AFL All-Star game takes place tonight at Surprise Stadium. The annual event was renamed the Fall Stars Game after being called the AFL Rising Stars Game for the first seven years. This year’s game will feature three of the top prospects in the Cubs system … Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler and Albert Almora.
All three prospects have created quite the buzz in the AFL this fall. Kris Bryant is tearing up the league and will start at third base and hit third for the East squad. After a slow start and a residency issue, Jorge Soler has been on a tear and will start in right field and hit seventh. Albert Almora is not in the starting lineup but will see playing time in the game.
- James Ramsey (Cardinals) – LF
- Brian Goodwin (Nationals) – CF
- Kris Bryant (Cubs) – 3B
- C.J. Cron (Angels) – 1B
- Taylor Lindsey (Angels) – 2B
- Stephen Piscotty (Cardinals) – DH
- Jorge Soler (Cubs) – RF
- Peter O’Brien (Yankees) – C
- Addison Russell (Athletics) – SS
- Aaron Sanchez (Blue Jays) – P
- Delino DeShields (Astros) – F
- Tyler Naquin (Indians) – DH
- Byron Buxton (Twins) – CF
- Colin Moran (Marlins) – 3B
- Jorge Bonifacio (Royals) – RF
- Corey Seager (Dodgers) – SS
- Austin Hedges (Padres) – C
- Brett Nicholas (Rangers) – 1B
- Mookie Betts (Red Sox) – 2B
- Alex Myer (Twins) – P
Kris Bryant is hitting .389/.443/.870 in 13 games this fall with six doubles, one triple, six home runs and 17 RBI in 13 games. Bryant’s OPS is 1.313 and he leads the league in several offensive categories.
Jorge Soler has his batting line up to .281/.317/.404 with four doubles, one home run and 10 RBI in 13 games, his first action since June. Soler has walked three times and owns a .720 OPS.
Albert Almora has played all three spots in the outfield in 13 games this fall. Almora went 2-for-4 with a double, a triple, and a walk on Friday and is hitting .286/.340/.531 with five doubles, two triples, one home run and a .870 OPS.
Let’s Talk Prospects …