I really don’t know what to say. I am at a loss for words. What is there to say? There is not an answer. And if you think Anthony Rizzo is one, put down the drink right now.
I saw the movie “The Abyss” when I was young. I really don’t remember anything other than it was under water and I was scared. And watching the Cubs … well, I feel the same thing. I might not see the same thing, but it is definitely the same apprehensive fright that I recall lo those many years ago.
So, we have to start somewhere, so let’s get rambling …
- I haven’t written since Kerry suddenly, but not unexpectedly, walked away last Friday.
- I have read all the comments, arguments, discussions, etc. He may not have lived up to expectations, but expectations are not promises. They are hopes and dreams.
- He lived up to the promises of being a great teammate, a great man, and a great member of society. Those are the things in which he had 100% control. That is how I choose to remember him.
- You are entitled to your opinion.
- I am right, though.
- It worked so well with the managers, so I say it is time for a “College of Closers,” you know, if the Cubs ever have a need to save the lead in the 9th.
- However, I don’t even remember what that looks like anymore. I remember that losing streak in 2002. It was July, I believe. They won about 8 in a row after that. Something like that. Brad Radke and Jon Lieber are the two pitchers that I remember taking roles in each streak.
- Yes, I am odd.
- No, I cannot confirm any of that information. It could be totally erroneous.
- “Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts!”
- Name the quote and you win a “feel good about yourself” award.
- I live in Lakeview. I work in the Loop. It is 8:06 on Thursday night. For the past two and half hours, I haven’t heard police and fire sirens for about 11 minutes.
- There must be a hot, holiday weekend approaching in Chicago.
- That is the only explanation because the Cubs are sure and heck not on fire.
- Is Bryan LaHair a left-handed Pedro Cerrano when it comes to the breaking ball? Or is this just a slump? We shall see.
- The defensive play Starlin made was fantastic.
- Tony Campana’s dive was just outstanding.
- Nothing else has been good.
- Sorry, The Shark pitched very well on Wednesday night. You can’t really fault him for the two runs on a bloop triple.
- Derrick Rose did not make any All-NBA teams. That is the equivalent of Chris Volstad being named the All-Star game starter.
- Congratulations to one of my best friends on becoming a father for the first time on Thursday! You know who you are. Welcome to the world J.G.A.
- So big Cubs fan The Rahmfather embarrasses himself during a radio interview by calling the great third baseman Ron Santos. Then the next day he says there is not issue with the rumored Joe Ricketts PAC ad.
- Travis Wood, your new go-to pinch-hitting pitcher.
- Through 44 games, the Cubs have started 5 different catchers.
- If I had a contact at Elias, I would look into this further to see if there is a similar occurrence.
- I don’t have a contact at Elias.
I could go on, but none of it is pretty or enjoyable. So I will end it here. I wish each and every one of you a very happy, safe and sound Memorial Day weekend! Enjoy it!
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!