It’s Friday, we’re eight days from the greatness of Spring Training, the Cubs have three players in another guy’s top 100 prospects, we haven’t signed Cespedes and it looks like Soriano is wearing the blue pinstripes this season at 1060 W. Addison.
So, with that said, and with many more things unfurl, let’s get rambling.
- Is it just me, or do you ever sit back and think out loud, “I wonder what Hee-Seop Choi is up to these days?”
- So, Cespedes definitely didn’t want to play for Miami, now he decided to visit with only Miami. Gotta love the hot stove.
- I am not watching the NASCAR season preview on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago as I type this.
- It is really hard to put much stock into Minor League Rankings by so many sources, but I was taken aback that Keith Law had Brett Jackson ranked so much lower in his top 100 than other publications.
- I am sorry, but how does a guy considered to be a huge trade commodity warrant an 11-15 record and 4.01 ERA in the National League Central by PECOTA.
- That is the one stat I am going to remember at the end of the season. If they are accurate, the Cubs are not getting much back on or just before July 31st.
- By making Wells and Shark the odd men out, our starting rotation is projected to have 64 losses. That strikes me as one heck of a lot.
- One final note on the PECOTA numbers, if Soto hits .260 with a .345 OBP and 19 homers, I will be absolutely ecstatic.
- Josh Vitters needs a huge showing in Spring Training. If these “experts” have any clue, Vitters cannot be happy tumbling down the team’s rankings every few months. He doesn’t have much time left to prove it.
- I would love to see Rob Whitenack come back strong from TJ surgery. He had such a huge start to the 2011 campaign. I just really want to see what that guy can do at all levels and hopefully the majors.
- EIGHT DAYS!!
- Seriously, what do you think Hee-Seop Choi is doing these days?
- Yes, I know what he is up to, but I honestly had that thought Wednesday night so I found out he is in the South Korean League.
- I need help, but think we already knew that.
- I really cannot wait for Spring Training to start. I cannot take another friggin, top-whatever-this and top-whatever-that list.
- Is it me or are there just more and more and more lists every year? The proliferation of top-lists is really misleading for some. Unfair expectations can be leveled against certain players while others are written off too quickly.
- Final thought, as I have said before, Javier Baez is getting a ton of love for having shown very little outside of the high-school level. Again, as you can tell, not a big fan of these.
- SOAPBOX is over.
- I predict that Garza’s numbers will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than his PECOTA projections.
- I see Cespedes playing in Miami. I think he would prefer a familiar climate to the one he knows. And I think the Bulls would have a shot at Dwight Howard if he didn’t feel the same way.
- And I am just fine with Cespedes playing in Miami. I would prefer it that way.
I hope this gets the conversation going. Eight more days, and our conversation can turn to actual, you know, baseball players playing baseball on a field. I think we all look forward to that.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!