As they say, a chain is only is strong as its weakest link, and you can only judge a team by its most recent game.
If we are using that logic, well then look out for the explosive offensive of the 2011 Chicago Cubs.
And then, as Eminem says, “Snap back to reality … ”
The present-day Cubs can easily be compared to present-day Detroit. Most people are rooting for both to win, to get better, to succeed, yet both find themselves in dire straits.
Sure, Tom Ricketts might like to say otherwise about the Cubs, as would any executive or politician say about Detroit, especially those in the auto industry.
But, whatever … we are Cubs’ fans, and the Chicago Cubs just won three out of four from the first-place Milwaukee Brewers. Oh my, what is going on …
“Dogs and Cats living together! Mass hysteria.”
So, with all that nonsense out of the way, how about we go rambling. Does that sound good, folks?
Let’s do it …
- I can’t see too well, but did the Cubs really score 12 runs?!?! Wow.
- Hey, we are going to see Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit at Wrigley Field! Wait, did something happen. Is that not going to take place this weekend?
- Hey, Crane, remember when the holy water and séance went over like a ton of bricks? Yea, you said you wouldn’t do anything like that again.
- You must have a memory like a 32-year-old stoner because those stupid goat t-shirts are pretty much the exact same thing.
- Give Ricketts credit where credit is due … those shirts should not be worn in front of fans, especially children.
- Yes, I know I am the master of the obvious, but that needed to be said. At least, I felt like I had to say something.
- Hey, Soriano and Pena went yard in the same game. This is just how Hendry drew it up.
- Too bad that was a very bad idea for a drawing. At least a winning drawing.
- Still like the Pena signing. Perfect for one year. I will argue that with anyone.
- However, I am playing golf today, so I will not be available to argue. Rain check?
- For all of those that hated what Ricketts had to say about Hendry and Quade …
- Have you ever heard of the proverbial “Vote of Confidence?” It never ends well for those being subjected to said vote.
- Don’t get too hung up on it. I put very little, if any stock in it. And I have a lot of stock. Some call it stocky, to be exact.
- Sean Marshall is really good. Really darn good. I hope we can agree on that one.
- Here is an old joke, but it fits here:
- Does John Grabow where a mask when he cashes his check? Man, Jimmy, that was a pretty bad one. A very bad one.
- Starlin. Has a first name ever been so appropriate? Let’s just revel in this kid. A lone bright spot in a dark sky these days.
- Brad Snyder cleared waivers. So, let’s realize that no other team was all that high on the kid. Some of our young kids can be good, but Snyder’s ships has sailed.
- If he hits 30 homers next season, I will be his biggest fan. Also, I will tell you I predicted it. I am that smart.
- It is the middle of June and Kosuke is hitting .301. I will end on that.
I hope that was nominally enjoyable. If not, I will come harder next week.
Let’s have a heyday with the comments below.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!