Whether or not they are real, baseball games are about to begin and that is what matters. In the coming weeks, fans will have a better idea of who is playing where and if there will be any surprises to the Opening Day roster.
With actual baseball about to be played, it is about time to ramble on down to Mesa.
- I mean ‘Star’ is actually in his name. It just has to happen. He just has to be a stud. Right? Seriously. He has to be.
- Ryan Dempster is coming back strong in 2010. He has everything together. He worked hard this offseason on his conditioning and he will be ready to regain his ’08 form.
- So D. Lee doesn’t want to negotiate during the season. If he doesn’t sign a one-year extension before the season starts then he will be playing for a contract. That might just be a pretty darn good thing.
- Unless he has a huge year and someone offers him a multi-year deal and Vitters isn’t ready.
- But maybe that is a good thing. I just don’t know yet.
- This is going to be a very interesting 12 months for the Chicago Cubs. Management has some very interesting decisions to make, and it could just be the final year of this team, as we know it. Again, maybe that is a good thing.
- Sure, Soriano will be around for a while, but many others might be out the door come next winter. Can this team actually put it all together one time? This is probably their last chance.
- I really enjoy all of the hubbub and conversation circling Castro. Not a single game has been played, and the speculation is nuts. He will start, now he won’t or Lou changed his mind or he isn’t making the team at all. I have an idea … let’s just see how he plays and then talk about it.
- Does that work for everyone? If Lou and The Hendry don’t even know what is going to happen, how could anyone else possibly know? Just think about that. Let them play the games.
- I guess that is my theme today. Let them play the games and it will work itself out. Fans may not like what happens, but let’s save those complaints until April 5th.
- Carlos Zambrano is going to win 18 games.
- Lou said he is impressed with the mechanical changes Kosuke has made while working with the Jam-Man. Am I going to get sucked back into believing in Kosuke? Yes, I am. I just can’t help myself. Why do I let him walk all over me, year after year? I need to stand up for myself.
- Jam-Man would be Rudy Jaramillo to those not familiar with his new nickname.
- Remember, we always keep it clean and classy on the CCO.
- Do you like how I slipped in the prediction about Z and just moved on from it really quickly? I liked it a lot. In fact, I am proud of myself.
- I am so ready to get after Carlos Silva, but as I have said, I have to wait for them to play the games. But I have a feeling everyone is ready to pounce, and they will definitely have an opportunity.
- 2010 Cubs MVP: Aramis Ramirez
- Yea, I know, really went out on a limb there. Let me know what you think about the potential MVP or any other topic below.
It’s about time to watch some baseball games, my friends!
Until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!