Stop crying. Just stop it now.
It’s two games, okay. Two out of 162. Okay? Big picture here folks. The Cubs are 18 games over .500, in first place and still own the best record in the National League. With that being said, it is time to unleash my rambling nonsense on you, the CCO readers. It’s been a long time so I have a lot to say.
- Please don’t be offended by the intro, Brian had to yell at himself last night.
- Two losses in a row. Yea, I know, I forgot what it felt like.
- I knew the Cubs were good, but, well, really? Did you think they would be this good? Seriously? And forget about the last two games.
- But, of course, the team named after red birds has to be right there and no thanks to Todd Wellemeyer either. Dave Duncan should be a multi-millionaire at this point.
- Who plays second base for the Orioles?
- Garth Brooks once said some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. I know it is loose, but a decent analogy to the rumored offseason trade.
- Brian is not going to talk about any “right shoulder discomfort” in this article.
- Reed Johnson. REED. What a signing. And don’t look now, but that jerk from St. Louis may be a key cog during a pennant run. And on the music theme, I can say through Alanis, “Isn’t it ironic? Don’t ya think?”
- Field-box seats are going for close to $1,000
- I will sell my seats in the upper-deck box to anyone who is reading this. Opening bids start at $1 billion. Now imagine me (a very good-looking man) snickering while putting my pinky up to my mouth.
- I know Austin Powers is so 10 years ago, but I don’t give a rat’s ass. It made me laugh.
- Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Yep, that’s the noise Ryan Dempster hears every time he walks to the mound. And you know what, at this point, he deserves it.
- Okay Aramis, it’s warm. Let’s have 20 homers by the break, okay. Thanks, man.
- This one is courtesy of Neil …. is Chicago big enough for two “A.J.’s?”
- Derrek, instead of streaking, good and bad, how about you just hit .350 the rest of the season. Cool? I am glad we had this talk.
- You remember in high school how that girl just crushed you. How she broke your heart and you could not get over her forever. But, just when you thought all hope was lost …. the new transfer student strolled by you and your life was never the same. You could not even remember the ex-girl’s name anymore. Yes, this is the perfect analogy to how I feel about Matt Murton and MICAH!!!
- Is there any way to make Kosuke think he is playing every game at Wrigley? I mean, are there special glasses we can give him. That is over .150 difference. Just crazy.
- Brian wants to talk to Carlos and remind him how much talent he has. Brian will go easy on Carlos and make sure he (Carlos) understands what Brian is talking about. Brian will be successful, but only if Carlos listens to Brian.
- I am sure some, most, will disagree with me, but Ryan Braun deserves to be in the All-Star game more than Soriano or Fukudome. Granted ‘Fonz can’t play any way, but Braun is having a solid season. However, I love the fact that he is trailing because it gives our jealous little brother (Milwaukee) more of a reason to hate and envy the Cubs. In the end, it is just a great situation that makes me laugh out loud.
- Sorry, there have been a few lengthy bullet points. My apologies. I just have a lot to say.
- Speaking of the All-Star game, White Castle deserves to be there, no matter what. For those new to the site, that is Carlos Marmol. He serves up sliders that make you “$#&T” your pants.
- You guys like the “Little Brother” moniker? I want it to stick.
- Shave the beard, Demp.
- It’s terrible that I have not mentioned Kid K. And now that I do, Kid K should be gone. He needs a new nickname. I turn it over to you, CCO Faithful. I know ESPN 1000 had a similar contest last week, but I did not like most of the ideas. Be creative, post your thoughts. The contest winner will be awarded the great feeling that comes with being creative.
- Lou, give The Riot a few days off. At least two in a row. If the plummet continues, he will be the Jason Marquis of infielders.
- Inter-league play is so much better when you can play teams other than the Rays and the Jays.
- Micah should start in left this weekend. No two ways about it.
- I know the offseason is the last thing on anyone’s mind, but Eyre and Howry are free agents. What does The Hendry do? At this point, Howry can leave, but Eyre, well, not so sure right now.
- I can tell you this much; A weekend sweep will result in copious amounts of Cubbie Kool-Aid will pour out of my kegerator.
I have taken up enough of your time for now. Please post your thoughts on my questions. I love you, too.
Thanks for reading and until next time ….
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!