14-6. Yea, I know, feels pretty darn good. After what can be called a ‘somewhat-slow’ start, the Cubs are on fire and have ripped off nine victories in their past 11 games. The offense has scored 41 runs in the past four games and our Japanese import is fitting in, well, decently, I guess. So, without further ado, here you go….
- Hey Ted Lilly, is that you? Were you on the mound at Wrigley Field yesterday? It is so good to see you. How was your off-season?
- RC COLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- When I thought of that nickname a few years back, I really thought he would pan out, but sooner rather than later. Two years later, he is making it awful hard on Lou. Can you really put him on the bench at this point?
- I like how I am acting as if he has done this for more than four games.
- So then there is The Riot. It is hard to put him on the bench as well.
- And how do you bench DeRo when Soriano comes back? I hate having all these problems. And by ‘me’, I obviously mean Lou Piniella.
- Do we really need Soriano to come back? Sorry, I just slapped myself in the face.
- Soriano started slow last year and ended up batting .299 with 33 homers and 70 RBIs. So be patient, he is a talented player.
- So, Mr. Dempster, umm, like what did you do in the off-season and stuff? Pure awesomeness dude. Wanna grab a beer sometime?
- Oh, Marisa Miller. Oh, Marisa Miller. Oh, Marisa Miller. You thought I was jealous of Kerry Wood before? Now there is a picture of him sitting next to hear in the dugout in her Cubs jersey. Hey Marisa, wanna grab a beer sometime?
- FUK-U-DOME …. I know, I thought it would be up higher as well.
- Alright, soapbox time. The whole thing with taking Harry Caray’s favorite line “Holy Cow” and pronouncing with a Japanese accent is wrong. It is over the line and disrespectful.
- Back off my soapbox. Marisa, I am serious about that beer. My email address is at the bottom, drop me a line anytime and I will give you a call.
- Z is looking good. Z is so happy about it. So is Brian. Brian is loving Z’s 3-1 record.
- Just let me know when the third-person thing gets old because I am still enjoying the hell out of it.
- And don’t get confused, Derrek Lee is the heart and soul of this team. He will not back down. Because as the speakers at Wrigley say when the Cubs take the field this year, he is leading the cause and “running down a dream that never would come to me, working on a mystery, going wherever it leads, yea running down a dream”
- Great audio selection by the sound folks at Wrigley, loving Tom Petty as the game begins.
- Carlos Marmol is White Castle. I cannot take credit for that one, and if you don’t get it, just think about it for awhile.
- He serves up sliders that make you “expletive” your pants.
- Geo, Geo, Geo, Geo, Jody, Jody, Jody, Jody …. yes he is bringing me back to the mid-80’s baby. Geo, Geo, Geo, Geo.
- A-Ram is heating up kids. Up to .280 with 5 long balls. Oh this team is making me …. wait for it, wait for it …. EXCITED.
- We are not going to average 10 runs a game, so the pitching must level out and become a bit more consistent. Lilly’s start on Tuesday calmed my nerves …. a bit.
- Rich Hill, please wake up, look in the mirror and say to yourself, “I am good enough, I am smart enough, and dog-gonnit, people like me.” Dude, you are a good pitcher, just believe it.
- And once more, big props to Jim Hendry on the Reed Johnson acquisition. Again, three weeks does not a season make, but I am encouraged by his performance.
- Seriously, Marisa, I mean it.
Well, that’s it for now ladies and gentlemen. I hope you enjoyed it. I will be back soon with some more ramblings, another podcast and maybe even a new way to entertain and annoy the beloved CCO readers.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com, and until next time….
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!