One week under our belts and it is time for a rambling session for all to enjoy, well hopefully enjoy. The Cubs have won four of their last five and after a rocky two game start, appear to be gaining steam. Hopefully this trend continues for another 150 games or so. Without further ado….here we go
- Paging Ted Lilly. Will Mr. Lilly please report to the white courtesy phone?
- Well he may not have gotten the win, but it was refreshing to see Carlos pitch like….well Carlos….on an Opening Day.
- I am kind of worried about the SS position. Not like step out on the ledge worried, but just kind of worried.
- Hey Aramis, it is a baseball, just throw it like you used to, nothing has changed about it man.
- My prediction of Derrek Lee as the Cubs MVP looks solid after one week.
- Again, that is ONE week, just one week. So that could change, I guess.
- Notice a pattern?
- Figure it out yet?
- Yes, the man crush abounds, it is crazy. Again, only one week, but wow, awesome, just awesome, awesome, awesome. The man is awesome.
- The Reed Johnson character is intriguing. Now, I am still in Pie’s camp, I truly believe he deserves a real chance, but it is nice to know we have an established Major League player to back him up …. or be the starter, whichever happens.
- Ryan Dempster is starting tonight. One game does not a season make, but another solid outing will be intriguing.
- And two games do not a season make either, but I think you know what I am getting at.
- Reason No. 1 why baseball is the most backward sport ever …. .094 equals $136 million …. WHAT?!
- Who looks more stupid: Ronny Cedeno after firing a throw 10 feet above D. Lee’s head or Paris Hilton at any time of the day?
- Yes, I know, tough call. Not sure which way I am leaning yet.
- Geo started slow, but is tied with you know who for the team lead in RBI’s.
- Oh wait, you don’t know who….
- FUK-U-DOME!!! …. Yes, that is who!
- Hey Mr. Howry, when Mr. Lilly is done with the White Courtesy Phone, please pick it up from him, someone would like to talk to you as well.
- Wild Woody, oh this is going to be interesting. “TNT” or “Welcome to the Jungle“? I am a big GNR fan myself, but “TNT” really pumped me up last week. Both work for me.
- And White Castle (Marmol) is proving why he is more valuable in the 6th, 7th or 8th inning than as the closer. Just keep him there Lou.
- So our outfield defense is vastly improved, but we completely forget how to field and throw in the infield …. sounds about right for a Cubs team.
- Can we have The Riot play the field and RC Cola bat? Is that legal? Can we just use both of them at the same time? I have a bad feeling about this. I know I said it already, but I really have a bad feeling about this.
- No need to worry though because this is coming from the same guy who promised everyone the Cubs would be fine after D. Lee got injured in 2006. So, take it for whatever it’s worth.
- And, just for my health …. FUK-U-DOME!!!
Well, that wraps up another edition of the wildly famous, at least in my head, edition of ramblings. I hope you enjoyed it.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com and until next time….
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!