Hello again everybody. It has been awhile since I have exposed you to my random and ridiculous stream of consciousness. While every other sports site will be talking about the Mitchell report I wanted to give Cubs fans a break. I heard about it, I knew it was coming and it happened. As Sen. Mitchell said, the best thing for baseball is to move on and put this in the past. So that is exactly what I am going to do. I may reference it once or twice, but I promise I am pretty much done with it. So without further ado, it is time to Ramble On.
- When Brian Roberts hit 12 homers in the first 30 games a few seasons ago I knew he was cheating (those are approx. numbers, I am not positive)
- Yes, that is what it is too, cheating. I know, I know, just one or two more.
- Roger Clemens deserves the Barry Bonds treatment now. And it’s hard to argue with that.
- Well I am on that topic, as Neil said, it is pretty clear now that Greg Maddux was the greatest pitcher of his generation.
- And maybe it was just a sore and healing wrist that affected Derrek Lee the first half of the season. And maybe Aramis is never in great shape. Who knows, we probably never will.
- Who the hell did Matt Karchner live with in Arizona?
- Okay, I am done.
- I absolutely the love that he is putting “Kosuke” on the back of his jersey and wearing the number 1.
- And while we are on it, his new nickname is……………………
- “The Orient Express” (please let me know your thoughts below)
- Could Sam Fuld go from a nobody to the starting CF in 2008? It’s possible.
- All I want for Christmas is Dan Haren
- Speaking of CF….if Lou goes with Pie he should hit 8th and be given at least the first half of the season so he can have consistent at bats and a fair chance. Remember Ryne Sandberg’s first year in Chicago….give him a chance.
- The Convention is right around the corner. It will be sad that John McDonough will not be there, but his absence will be replaced by the throngs of Japanese media.
- Okay, so it is abundantly clear that Tom Brady and Tony Romo sold their souls to the devil. With that being said where can I cash mine in?
- Do you think Carlos started his off-season diet? Maybe a winter in Venezuela is all I need.
- “Hi, this is Carlos Zambrano of the Chicago Cubs. In the winter Carlos likes to go on the Nutri-System plan. Carlos knows it’s good for his body and his health. Carlos loves how they isolate the bad carbs so Carlos can eat lasagna and burgers all the time. Carlos says you should try Nutri-System.”
- Will Soriano move down the lineup? He needs to if the Cubs acquire Figgins or Roberts. And after yesterday Roberts may be a bit cheaper. Who knows?
- And how about Mark DeRosa! He was on ESPN 1000 the other day with Waddle and Silvy. They asked him if he would be disappointed if the Cubs got a new second baseman. He said he gets to play baseball for a living at Wrigley Field so it is hard to be disappointed about anything. What a guy. My man-crush is alive and well. Have I mentioned his wife before?
- So it appears the White Sox offered Fukudome more money than the Cubs. Well that is a real kick in the junk for Bridgeport. Gotta love Lou!
- I named our new fish “Lou.” My Wisconsonian roommate thinks it is because of Lou Holtz. Ah, the cheeseheads, gotta love them. It is a Chinese fighting fish. They are better known as beta fish. Small bowl, only need to be fed a few times a week, even I cannot kill this thing.
- And there is the jinx. Fish watch ’07/’08 begins now.
- What do you think Ted Lilly does in the off-season? Nope, I have no clue either.
- What do you think Kyle Farnsworth does in the off-season? Yep, this time I do have a clue.
- Oh, and I almost forgot, see ya later Mark, don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Good luck at your HOF induction.
- Pitchers and catchers report in two months!
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and until next time….
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!