It has been awhile since I have shared my incessant rambling stream of conscious with the world, and I cannot continue to deprive the world of my thoughts. The past few months have provided enough ammunition for me to go on for thousands of words, but I will do the best to contain myself. So, on to the ramblings…. – A-Ram’s admiration of his hits off the wall brings back ugly memories of that stupid hop
– Sean Marshall could be very, very good someday
– What happened to Murton, it appears as if he has zero confidence at the place, a complete 180 from Opening Day
– I now have a Detroit Tigers hat, that is what it has come to, and someone needs to stand up and take responsibility, NOW
– There are so many teams that are willing to overspend for Maddux, especially the Dodgers, let’s make one of those trades they talk about on Baseball Tonight ten years from now. Remember, Jeff Bagwell and Danny Darwin for Larry Anderson, nice move Boston
– Did Juan Pierre wake up one morning about four weeks ago and just remember, “Oh yeah, I’m Juan Pierre, and I am a good player.” Seriously, just two different people
– Did anyone else see the suit that Angel Pagan was wearing after he jacked two bombs against the White Sox last week? Erik Estrada would have been proud, WOW
– Stereotypes exist for a reason, sorry, I have never seen a Cubs sleeveless mesh shirt before, but they apparently make them for White Sox fans, and a lot of them
– I honestly heard two guys mention that they missed the pizza races and thought it was a nice addition to US Comiscular stadium, or “The Joan.” (Joan Cusack does all the US Cellular commercials in case you have not seen them)
– Why does Derrek Lee kind of remind me of Pedro Cerrano from Major League?
– I feared RC Cola was going to start struggling at the plate, let’s just hope he has a longer shelf life than the actual soda
– In ten years there will be a made for TV movie that uncovers the dirt that Neifi Perez has on Dusty
– If we do not get a lot of good talent for Jacque Jones, Hendry should be grounded. His trade value is at its all time peak right now
– Then again, imagine how many losses would we have without JJ
– Every night Brenly goes on the air you know he is auditioning for the Manager’s position
– Speaking of future managers and ‘Simon and Garfunkel,’ “Where have you gone Joe Girardi-o?” (I apologize for that right now)
– Has anyone seen “America’s Got Talent?” This is David Hasselhoff’s comeback, and I love how Regis calls him the “Big Hasselhoff.” He should be the manager, when a player is awful (Neifi) and he walks back into the dugout, Big Hasselhoff could just say “No,” and Neifi would not be allowed to play ever again.
– Don’t blame me for watching that show either, what else is on, The Cubs? I know you are all admitting to yourselves that I am right.
– How much did the Cubs pay Greg Maddux to go on record saying that Larry Rothschild is a great pitching coach and that he handles the young guys very well?
– The White Sox have won four more games while I was typing this
– The display at Wrigley last weekend made me sick to my stomach, but do not let the media fool you, it was not just Cubs fans tossing things onto the field
– Is anyone else nervous that Felix Pie will be called up in August a year and a half too early?
– Speaking of problems, you know the Cubs are going to win 13 of 15 to start the second half and we will not trade anyone. Then we will proceed to lose 15 of 18.
– Ahh Cub Fans, “Wait ’til next year.”
That is about all I have for now. I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed their Holiday weekends and have a good way to cope with this team, pitchers and catchers report in 7 months.
Thanks for reading, feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and until next time….
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!!