At ChicagoCubsOnline.com, we appreciate your readership, and we place high value on your personal privacy.
- We will never sell your personal information.
- The email address you provide through our email subscription form enables us to send you a digest of articles and reports from ChicagoCubsOnline.com. The subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. ChicagoCubsOnline.com cannot subscribe you to the email service. You personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription. You can opt-out of our email subscription at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link that appears at the bottom of every email.
- The email address that you use when contacting ChicagoCubsOnline via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address you use when commenting on our articles via the Disqus feedback system may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on ChicagoCubsOnline.com’s website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided within comments themselves are not used for any other reason.
- Any information you disclose voluntarily within the message of a comment posted at ChicagoCubsOnline.com becomes public information. ChicagoCubsOnilne.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. Anything you share is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
- If you choose to comment on ChicagoCubsOnline.com articles/reports through Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- To maintain a site that is free of charge, we display advertisements on our website.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads based on your visit to ChicagoCubsOnline and/or other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page.
- In addition to Google, the third party vendors and ad networks serving ads at ChicagoCubsOnline.com include the following: Amazon and Media Strike Sports Network. You may opt out of cookies at each of their respective sites by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out website at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- ChicagoCubsOnline.com uses third party advertising companies to serve ads and collect information when users visit our site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our site, other websites and other forms of media about good and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp