Last week and it is a position round … Twelve wins is where the playoffs are at with three teams tied and one 12-8 team (Aquas de Marco Billy) on the outside looking in. BigJonLilJon’s is one game back but even with a win this week against Aquas de Marco, he will still not make the top eight. So we are down to nine teams for eight spots and with six teams clinched, it is three teams fighting for the final two spots.
Clinched a Playoff Spot
- 07Greydigger’s Crushers – Win and he is the #1 seed, lose and he could fall to 3rd
- The Calicubs – Win and he is the #1 seed, lose and he could fall to 3rd
- Clark n Addison – Win and he can move up to 2nd, lose and stay 3rd
- Runnin’ Bredstiks – Win and stay 4th, lose and could fall to 5th
- Northside Bleacher Bums – Win and can move up to 4th, lose and could fall to 6th
- Bullpen MacGyvers – Win and move up to 5th, lose and could fall to 7th
Fighting for Last 2 Spots
- FL JimBoC – Win and can move up to 6th, lose and needs Aguas to lose to make playoffs
- Kentucky Ripsnorters – Win and can move up to 6th, lose and needs Aguas to lose to make playoffs
- Aquas de Marco Billy – Win and in, lose and out
This Week’s Position Round with Playoff Implications
- #1 07Greydigger’s Crushers vs #2 The Calicubs
- #3 Clark n Addison Tony_H vs #4 Runnin’ Bredstiks
- #5 Northside Bleacher Bums vs #6 Bullpen MacGyvers
- #7 FL JimBoC vs #8 Kentucky Ripsnorters
- #9 Aguas de Marco Billy vs #10 BigJonLilJon’s LehairOfTheDog
Hatfield’s and McCoy’s
We have had 10 weeks of interleague play and this week the McCoy’s Won for the second time 4-6. That still leaves the bragging rights for the year with the Hatfield’s (Waveland) with a record 52-48 over the McCoy’s (Sheffield) and a weekly record of 4-2-4.
#2 The Calicubs (15-5) 360 over #6 Ripsnorters (12-8) 297
The free fall continues with 4 losses in a row for Ripsnorters. But they can still make the playoffs even with a loss this week. Calicubs maintains its hold on a top seed.
The Calicubs: Victor Martinez 39 pts (2 HR, 1 2B, 6 R, 11 RBI) Jordan Zimmerman 38 pts (15 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 10 K, W)
Ripsnorters: Mike Fiers 55 pts (14 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 13 K, 2 W) Chris Archer 31 pts (12.2 IP, 11 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 12 K)
#7 Bullpen MacGyvers (13-7) 269 over #8 Aquas de Marco Billy (12-8) 240
Close game that clinched a playoff spot for MacGyvers and left Aquas needing to win to get in.
Bullpen MacGyvers: Justin Upton 36 pts (2 HR, 1 3B, 4 R, 11 RBI) Rick Porcello 34 pts (9 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, W)
Aguas de Marco Billy: Vidal Nuno 37 pts (14.1IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 11 K)
Other Teams still in Playoff Contention
- Baywatch Buttspanx over #11 What’s Optimism? Vivid Reality (10-9-1) (257-219)
- The Wrong Team over #10 BigJonLilJon’s LehairOfTheDog (11-9) (276-264)
- #9 FL JimBoC (12-7-1) over Team Scared Hitless (367-175)
- #5 Northside Bleacher Bums (14-6) over Team JasonOfTheBurbs (353-276)
- #4 Runnin’ Bredstiks (14-6) over Team Gramps (263-233)
- #3 Clark n Addison Tony_H (15-5) over CubfaninSeattle John (293-196)
- #1 07Greydigger’s Crushers (16-4) over Balls Deep in the Ivy (310-216)
Top Player Performances - Week 20
|Mike Fiers||55||Kentucky Ripsnorters|
|Lucas Duda||43||Runnin' Bredstiks|
|Danny Santana||39||FL JimBoC|
- #1 07 Greydigger’s Crushers vs #8 Kentucky Ripsnorters
- #2 The Calicubs vs #7 FL JimBoC
- #3 Clark n Addison Tony H vs #6 Bullpen MacGyvers
- #4 Runnin’ Bredstiks vs #5 Northside Bleacher Bums
Sheffield Division - Week 20 Standings
|5-15||Slammin Steven Petty||4668|
|4-16||Balls Deep In The Ivy||4858|
Waveland Division - Week 20 Standings
|15-5||Clark n Addison Tony_H||6617|
|14-6||Northside Bleacher Bums||5839|
|12-8||Aquas de Marco Billy||5756|
|10-9-1||What's Optimism? Vivid Reality||6101|
|9-11||The Wrong Team||5671|
|8-12||Waiting on Bryant||5711|
|1-19||Team Scared Hitless||3897|
The transaction wire stayed slow with 18 free agent pick-ups. Some teams are trying to make the playoffs while others are trying to shore up their bench with the playoffs just 1 week left.
Weeks 10 and 20 are the same match-up.
Weeks 11 and 21 are the same match-up.
So in weeks 10 and 21 we will be doing a position round. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc down to 19 vs 20.
The tiebreaker for standings is total points.
The league is for public viewing. Here are two shortcuts to take you to the league site on ESPN.