… I don’t even know anymore.
It’s Friday. It’s the summer. It’s the CCO. So let’s just get down to the brass tax and do some rambling …
- Hey, look on the bright side, the Cubs could be 7-43 in their past 50 games, which they are not, but one major league team is. And I just “major league” a bit loosely in this situation.
- Shutting down Garza is just something that has to happen. It’s definitely a blow to his trade value, but for the sake of the player involved, it is the right thing to do.
- I could only imagine the comments on this great site if the Cubs were about to shut down a starting pitcher with a 15-5 record and sub-3 ERA as they are on the precipice of the playoffs.
- Struggle as they might, just keep running BJax and Vitters out there. It’s time. Let’ s see what they have for the final month. If it is horrible, as one Anthony Rizzo was last year, send them down to start next season.
- There is NOTHING TO LOSE!
- “They say losing is good for your character. I’ve got enough character. I want to be less of a character.” – Famed writer George Will on being a Cubs fan
- Sir, I could not have said it better myself.
- It is definitely sad to see the Cubs leave Peoria. The Vonachen’s are great people and wonderful fans. If you have not heard Pete Vonachen’s eulogy of Harry Caray, find it somewhere online.
- In reference to hanging out with Harry, he said, “You’d better have a suitcase packed and a lawyer on retainer.” Something close to that at least …
- I heard or read that the move was motivated so it is easier for Cubs management to see the players in person.
- That just can’t be true. In this day and age, there is no way that is true. If it is, it is a horrible reason to make the move.
- What to do with Bryan LaHair …
- Darwin Barney’s name was thrown out as a possible gold glove candidate on Chicago radio this week. When you look at the stats … well, he has a pretty darn good argument.
- CSN Chicago showed a movie Thursday Night titled: Chicago Cubs: The Heart and Soul of Chicago. This movie debuted a few years ago under a different name, and was updated to include a few interviews, but still solid.
- What is it that makes me a puddle when real Cubs fans talk about what being a fan means? I guess because I, like all of you, can truly understand.
- Also, love him or hate him, Bob Costas provided great insight on what it would mean if the Cubs won, and how wrong outsiders would be to mock the outpouring of emotions.
- What? Do you really want me to talk about what is happening on the field these days?
- Fine, Castro gets thrown out too much, and his batting average is worrisome.
- Rizzo is leveling off lately. In a combined 97 at-bats, Vitters and BJax have 14 hits. People I have never heard of will start a game for the Cubs this season. I think Manny Corpas is a highlight.
- If that last sentence doesn’t sum up the 2012 Chicago Cubs, I am not sure what will.
So, with little lead in and 20 different, somewhat disconnected, rather unrelated and horribly disappointing statements, I will leave it at that. There is a saying out there that gives me hope, “There is only one way to go from here.”
And here’s to that one way!
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!