Well, after an extremely quiet week, I am not sure what to ramble about … any ideas?
The team looks different, I am not sure who is going to pitch, and well, the last two months of the season shall be interesting, as it is going to get ugly … very ugly.
So let’s get to it.
- Demp, don’t lie. We all know what happened. Just tell the truth. Remember, as some kind of smart writer once said, “To thy own self be true.”
- It will be multiple years until we, as Cubs fans, can really say whether or not we are mad at Dempster.
- I like the position the Cubs are in with Sori. Obviously no one is picking up his contract on waivers, so when he clears as he might have already, McThoyer is in a good situation. Let’s rob someone! Sound good?
- The Tigers might get desperate … let’s go after some of that!
- Congrats to the ‘Riz for winning the rookie of the month. If you extrapolate his stats, he hits 42 homers with 102 RBI. Conservatively, that is 33 homers with 90 RBI as a rookie.
- Not … too … shabby!
- I am sorry, but women’s beach volleyball is so much fun to watch. And yes, folks, I am talking about the actual game, not the bikini bottoms … those help as well.
- By that I mean, they allow for the athleticism and flexibility to take place … which is also fun to watch. Get your head out of the gutter!
- No matter what, they traded Geo for more than a bag of balls. Seriously, I would have been okay if they traded him for literally a bag of balls. This is a win-win no matter what.
- Soto was awful offensively, below average defensively, and if I was forced to watch him drop another tipped-third-strike ONE MORE TIME, I am not sure what I would do.
- Not trading Maholm would have been a mistake. Period. If I am wrong, please tell me why. I am open to hearing your opinions.
- Question of the day: If you could see or have one Olympic event take place at Wrigley, what would it be? I am not going to offer any ideas as I do not want to cloud anyone’s opinions.
- Summer or Winter …
- Hey, Derek Lowe may be 72, but he has to be better than, well, fill in the blank.
- Remember when LaHair got off to his hot start. He has 31 RBI. It is August.
- Castro is back up to .285. I hope that number keeps climbing.
- Speaking of, Castro has played in 103 games. Without looking (re: cheating) who has played in the second most? It surprised me.
- Below, please tell me what you are most looking forward to or hoping for in the last two months.
- For me it is two things: Samardzija’s pitching and Rizzo’s offensive output.
- Third, let’s just have fun and give Campana a chance to steal two bases a game. Why not, right?
So that is it. I have asked so many questions, let’s hear some answers. I hope to change up the conversation today. The trade deadline is old, let’s talk about some new things. Challenge me, hate me, love me … it’s your call. Let’s just have some fun!
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!