No need to blow smoke, let’s just go.
- Sure, it would have been nice for Demp to swiftly agree to play for the Braves, but yet again, the Cubs have to get dragged through the “no-trade-clause” haze. And as a fan, it sucks.
- I remember waiting for the Crime Dog to finally agree back to come to Chicago in ’01 while Aramis didn’t really give a flying frog about playing for a winner last year. I know home is nice, but as many pointed out, a player is on the road half of the time, so it is really not that big of a difference … especially for two months.
- However, Ryan Dempster has a sick daughter, and no matter what anyone says, that trumps all. He cannot be blamed if he mentions it, nor should he be judged. This excuse is legit, no matter how much you are on the road.
- With all that said, it is clear that he will go to LA in a heartbeat to be reunited with Theodore and make a run for it all along side Hanley and the boys. So, I hereby grant all fans the right to be “kind of, a little ticked at Dempster.”
- So, with the 500-pound guerilla out of the way, let’s do some rambling this fine Friday morning …
- If you haven’t seen it yet, this weekend’s Miller Lite billboard is simply fantastic. A nice little jab.
- I hope this “Dempster smoke-screen” has allowed the Cubs to fly under the radar and set up some good trade competition for Garza. Did anyone ever really believe they were going to re-sign him?
- I know it’s not a smoke screen, but whatever.
- I did like the move saying the Cubs will sit pat with Demp and take the compensatory pick. Solid call by McThoyer.
- Have any of you ever had too many beers while looking at the Cubs stats and thought, “Dude, we should really hang on to Sori for next year!”
- No, me neither …
- And I would also advise that you should not have too many drinks while looking at the Cubs stats. That combination will not end well.
- Fine, maybe once not too long ago, I saw Sori’s stats and was like … nope, I just can’t admit it because I know it is soooooooooooooooooo wrong.
- Final thought on Sori: If they can’t get anything decent for him, keep him, let him help the younger guys and go forward. He always gives 100 percent, and that can never be underrated today, which is a sad statement regarding professional sports.
- Only 13.5 games out of the Wild Card!!!
- I am starting to get worried about Castro’s plummeting average. I just kept playing it off, but he is now below .280. That’s all. Just wanted you all to know that I am officially worried.
- Soto is hitting .186. How many lives does this guy have? The boys upstairs have to be ready to move on very soon. It has gotten to the point where the Jerome Walton comparisons are not even funny anymore. Sad.
- If I am Theo, I have Kerry give Demp a call, and being like, “Dude, throw us a bone … please.” I have to think he MIGHT listen.
- There is me going and being all positive and hopeful again.
- With two months to go, plenty can still happen to shape this squad for many years to come, so let’s try to enjoy Soler and Almora, Baez and Vitters, and very much hope that B. Jax figures it out soon.
Finally, here is to you and to the United States of America over the next 17 days! Let’s hope for a great Olympiad!
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!