We are exactly three weeks away from Opening Day, Brett Jackson should be the starting center fielder, there are still battles to be won and Alfonso Soriano is the early favorite for MVP.
So, with that said, let’s get rambling before the Madness is in full swing!
- I have to be honest. I have no idea what is going on in the bunt tourney. And I really don’t care anymore.
- Please remember, it is only Spring Training. It doesn’t necessarily portend of things to come. Please keep this in mind when viewing and listening to games and/or reading stats.
- I am not saying this as an excuse for bad performance. I am saying this so people realize definite answers cannot yet be made.
- If we did this, then Soriano would be the starting left fielder in the All-Star Game.
- Did Dale Sveum tell his bosses to trade Marlon Byrd? I think he definitely suggested it the other day.
- Saying Brett Jackson is ready, but there is not room for him is a direct statement to McThoyer. Let’s go, boys. Take care, Marlon. Thank you for your professionalism and your hustle.
- Chris Volstad and Jeff Samardzija are really making this interesting. It appeared to start as a one or the other situation, or situaish, if you will, but it is morphing into a four-way battle for two spots.
- Unless something DRASTIC happens, David DeJesus is the starting right fielder. This is the way it is. He has more of a future on this team than Marlon Byrd. That is just the way it is.
- You know David DeJesus isn’t? He is not Fukudome, and that is cool by me.
- If DDJ hits a game-tying three-run homer on Opening Day in the bottom of the ninth, I am going to be scared. Very, very scared.
- I am interested to see if Sveum’s “chat” with Marmol helps. Hendry gave him a lot of money. The Cubs have no choice do whatever it takes to help him.
- Sorry, I use the pronoun “we” way too often when referring to the Cubs.
- Is that stupid? Does this bother anyone? How many of you do this? I feel like a lot of people do this, but I can see it being a pet peeve for many.
- Over/under time:
- Over/under on Garza’s wins. I will set it at 13. I will go over. You?
- Over/under on LaHair’s homeruns. I will set it 18. I will go under. You?
- Speaking of LaHair, again, using the “this is only ST thought-process,” it is okay. We just need to give it time and see what happens.
- If Welington Castillo keeps this up, we could have multiple starting catchers. Geo is a great insurance policy. No matter what, the Cubs have an extremely average catcher on their roster, and that cannot be underrated.
- Unfortunately, that is not sarcasm.
- Since I last mentioned him, Jeff Beliveau’s ERA has dropped 30+ points. I take all the credit. Watch it keep plummeting!
- I will now try this trick on Travis Wood. Please, Travis Wood. Pitch good and stuff. Okay.
Well, it is time for the Madness to begin. If you are so inclined to watch, enjoy the heck out of a great sporting event. Here is to buzzer beaters and a great weekend in Sin City for the Cubs!!
Until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!