Hello again, everybody. It has been a few weeks, but it’s Friday, and I am back. So, let’s get together, and throw out some quick thoughts and observations about our favorite baseball team. There is a lot going on, and at any minute now the Chicago Cubans could really start taking shape.
(And Kudos to the person who used that in a comment. I got a good chuckle.)
Nonetheless, news could start breaking any minute so let’s get moving.
- After trolling around the rumors and comments, it seemed there was some hesitation in a Byrd for Prado trade. Um. Am I missing something? Done, done, done, done, and done.
- I cannot fathom the Braves executing this trade, but I would hop on it in a heartbeat.
- I think the second-half of the 2011 season will most likely pigeonhole Barney as a career backup. It was just way too reminiscent of Theriot’s multiple August swoons.
- So, the Cubs could really use a second baseman, like, well, Martin Prado.
- Okay, I will leave it alone before he becomes Brian Roberts or Jake Peavy in my obsessive mind.
- Calm and settle, Manny Corpas is not on the 40-man. It was a split contract. It is okay.
- Also, the Cubs have not paid a reliever over $5 million per this offseason, which cannot be said for many teams cruising for a letdown in the next season or two.
- I mean, how much longer can Johnny Paps keep it up?
- I know this has been discussed at some length, but Cespedes’ performance is scary. And not scary good.
- I know Theo says his crew has scouted him for quite some time, but as many have said, Soriano comparisons are immediate.
- I am all good with Soler. Soler is great. The opportunity for nicknames with a guy like Soler is awesome. Soler powers the Cubs. Have Solar in your System totally completes it. Our Soler System does all nine jobs.
- Sorry, I could go on and on. Let’s hear some of your ideas below. This should be fun.
- However, to those who point out this is Thoyer’s last opportunity to spend on prospects due to the new CBA, you may be on to something. If one of the two pans out, then it was totally worth it.
- However, Jorge Soler just rolls of the tongue a bit easier than Yoenis Cespedes, don’t you think?
- Then again, it’s not my money, and if Tom is all good with it, then let’s do it. And it appears Tom is ready to spend. And he didn’t even raise ticket prices.
- Let’s roll out the red carpet for Rodrigo Lopez! Welcome back, young, er, somewhat young, er, just welcome back, captain!
- By not signing Prince Fielder, the Cubs have moved ahead in the infield defense rankings.
- There is also a comment here about not signing Prince Fielder and disappointed Lakeview restaurants, but I am not going there. You can if you would like below. I am classy. We are all classy.
- Three prospects in the top 100. Yea, McLeod has some work to do.
- I am just glad that Jackson and Rizzo are in the top 40. That is a good thing. There are others that really like Rizzo. It is not just our new trifecta.
- Speaking of trifecta, do we go McThoyer? Or McHoystein?
- Or, why don’t you tell me below? Sound good? “Good, great, grand, wonderful. Everybody on the bus!”
- And I will end on thought #23 in honor of Ryno. Let me hear your ideas below. We have a lot to discuss.
I hope your respective Fridays are absolutely fantastic. And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!