Hello, everybody. I hope your respective Friday is going well, and that the New Year has plenty to offer.
I have my beanbag chair, a healthy supply of beer, and a full bag of nacho cheese Doritos so I am ready to rock, ramble and roll.
So without any more nonsense, let’s just get down to the brass tax and ramble.
- I always give credit where credit is due. There are many posters on this site who have been calling for a full rebuild for years. Too many to name, but you know who you are. You were right.
- Hating on the Ricketts is near-sighted, bull-headed, ignorant, naïve and juvenile. He is spending money. He rebuilt the front office.
- And he didn’t raise ticket prices. For those saying that he did, that is factually incorrect. The average price of a game went down last year and will remain the same this year. In order to argue, you must have your facts right. These are the facts.
- Reds’ fans hated the trade. Cubs’ fans hated the trade. It is abundantly clear why very few people make money gambling on sports.
- The idea of “hating” is hard for me to grasp. I guess the anonymity provided by the internet makes it easier for people to fire off profanity-laced tirades about the ineptness of GMs and coaches.
- I do enjoy reading thoughtful commentary, be it positive or negative. But the ranting and mindless hating is stupid.
- Okay, stepping off my soapbox. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
- I will definitely miss Sean Marshall. But if we are rebuilding, trading him makes sense. Right? Yes, it makes sense. Some may not like the return, but time will tell.
- However, the idea that a 17th ranked prospect is someone the Cubs project at second for 10 years is both intriguing and confusing.
- Everything is so cryptic; I really have no idea what will happen to Garza. I will be equally unsurprised by either result.
- Hold on, I need to get more Doritos.
- I decided to go “Cool Ranch” this time around.
- The Cubs will not be very good next year, but they will not lose 100 games. I will bet on that.
- Wait, what did I say about betting on sports? Either way, I would still bet on it.
- I have to think this will be Ryan Dempster’s last year in a Cubs uniform.
- Signing Sonnastine is a no-lose situation. Very little money for a guy who had a bright future. If he doesn’t turn it around, so be it. Worth a chance. I am sure plenty disagree, but I like it.
- What would you take for Marlon Byrd? At this rate, flip him for something or anything and move on. It just doesn’t make sense to keep him. Marlon = Reed. We don’t need two.
- Okay, I need a vote. I have to move to a new sack. Should I go with Cheetos or Cheese Puffs?
- Cheetos vs. Cheese Puffs. Please vote below.
- Manny Corpas will go down in the same category with Chuck McElroy, Heathcliff Slocum and Paul Assenmacher. Yes, that category. I believe Mike Remlinger is a member of that group as well.
- While we are at it, Les Lancaster and Mel Rojas can be thrown in as well.
- So, as we wrap it up here, my biggest lingering question is “Who will play first next year?”
- Not who you want to play first, but who WILL play first. So, let me know your thoughts. Let’s get it going. Have at it.
The offseason is not new or young, but there is plenty of time left. I expect some more to happen.
Happy New Year to everyone! Have a great, and more importantly, safe celebration, and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!