It’s Thursday. It’s a day game. It’s time to ramble. It’s time to entertain. It’s time to be witty, illogical, nonsensical and boring. It is something for everyone or rather, it is one thing taken differently by an interweb full of the Faithful.
So without further ado, let’s get down to it, throw a lot of things out there and see if anything sticks.
- I hope everyone is still as excited as they were about Welington back in the Spring because I got a feeling we will be seeing a lot of him.
- When you have to squat on and off for about three hours, six days a week, your groin is very important. (Most men would argue the groin is very important no matter what.)
- Sorry, getting back to the point, I think Soto’s groin injury is going to be a nagging, season-long issue. Time is all that heals and catching is not conducive to resting a groin.
- And hopefully Quade plays Castillo over Hill. As Neil pointed out to me, Hill was 3-for-48, including Spring Training, before Wednesday and one of those hits was a bunt single. Hill had a big night Wednesday and doubled his hit total with a double and the fourth triple of his career.
- Because if Hill gets the nods more times than not, the CCO might crash due to the amount of posts regarding Quade’s “alleged ineptitude. ”
- I use the term alleged because some think he is and some think it is too early to judge. I will wait until there is a clearer consensus from the masses.
- If you have never been to the Kentucky Derby, GO. Don’t think twice. Just do it. Everything you have heard it true. It is glorious. My first experience was last weekend. In my best Jim Rome voice, it was “phenomenal.”
- When you gave the man a $136 million contract, did you REALLY expect him to hustle? I mean, seriously?
- I am not indicting all athletes with big contracts, but let’s be realistic. Some stop trying after his big payday. Just ask any fan of the Washington Redskins.
- I have changed my mind on this and now think Tyler Colvin needs to go to Iowa. Like immediately. If people are worried about him losing his confidence, then I am so confused as to what is happening right now.
- Seriously, get your rear end to Louisville next May for that horse race. Just fantastic.
- I really do not see the big deal about putting guys in different places in the batting order. It should not matter.
- Hey, I bounced around the lineup on my beer-league softball and still delivered week-in and week-out.
- What, that is not an accurate comparison?
- Marissa Miller will be at a bar in Chicago on Friday night for some PR appearance. I suspect 75% of the males in Chicago will be there. She will notice me first.
- Why did Albert Pujols and Jim Hendry hug each other? Seriously? Did any player on the Cubs hug John Mozeliak Tuesday night?
- If I was a Cardinals fan, I would be legitimately angry about that hug. Pujols is starting to walk the Brett Favre line in St. Louis. If he signs elsewhere, it could get ugly.
- Yes, I very much look forward to something like that happening.
- Brett Jackson is batting 80 points lower than Starlin Castro was at about the same time last season. Hopefully the hand/wrist injury is nothing major and he will not have to miss a lot of time.
- I am not sure if there are any fans of “The Office” on here, but the episodes with Michael Scott and DeAngelo Vickers (Carrell and Farrell) on screen together, playing off of each other were hilarious. I was crying from laughter a few times.
- I never thought I would be rooting this hard for Fukudome during a season that will most likely not produce many memories. But, if we can get ANYTHING for him, that would be fantastic.
- Sorry, yes, I know that is a “master of the obvious” statement, but it had to be made.
- And back to baseball …
- I was not surprised Theriot got booed Tuesday night in his first at-bat, but Len and Bob were. Interesting.
- I am still okay with the Ricketts. If you are not, I respect that. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But, I like what I have seen thus far.
- I know that statement will make some of you puke, and that is fair. But I have a good feeling about Tom.
- And I will leave you with … Hopefully we will see the white flag a few times at Wrigley this weekend.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!