Back in the ’80’s, Old Milwaukee Beer used to have a tag line that said, “Boys, it just doesn’t get any better than this.”
Well, “Cubs fans, it just doesn’t get any worse than this.”
And the sad thing is that it can get worse, but that just doesn’t seem possible at this moment. The two games in the Queen City were gut wrenching, vomit-inducing atrocities. Wednesday night’s game provided a brief respite.
I am an optimist, but this team is taking it out of me. So, with that said, let’s go rambling.
- That crap on Tuesday night was like little league. Seriously, I thought this team was going to be fundamentally sound.
- Sometimes, closed-door meetings help. Sometimes they cause players to press, press, and then press some more. And that is what it looked like out on that dirt diamond behind the American Legion Hall in Cincy.
- OH, that wasn’t a little-league field?
- I think I am undecided on the handling of Tyler Colvin. He should have been sent down sooner, but I don’t know if I believe that a team can ruin a player.
- This is analogous to the guy saying he would have made it to the Bigs if his high school coach hadn’t cut him.
- If you do not like Reed Johnson, then I assume you do not like cheeseburgers. Or pizza.
- If you are good and talented, that should come through. If being yanked around and sent back and forth ruins one’s career, I don’t think that career would have been much.
- In all walks of life, one must be of strong mind to succeed. Someone with a strong mind would get over and move past the yo-yo action.
- Then again, maybe I am wrong, but I feel talent will always find a way.
- And in NO way I am defending the Cubs handling of Colvin. I am NOT defending the Cubs. Repeat, I am NOT defending the Cubs.
- I am saying that if Colvin is the real deal or even an average major-league caliber player, he will still be able to prove it.
- Seven unearned runs. SEVEN. Ridiculously disgusting.
- Matt Garza has had some back luck. Last night was one example, although he is partially to blame. Both of Marmol’s blown saves would have been win for Garza.
- Oh, and he got traded to the Cubs.
- Serious man crush forming on Darwin Barney. What a player. He’s smart. He’s driven. He hustles. And BB really likes him. And it is never a bad thing if BB likes you.
- Hey, Marlon Byrd got an RBI. Way to go, Marlon. Proud of you, buddy.
- Soriano is fast, always hustles, never dogs it, …
- I am sorry, I couldn’t even finish my joke.
- I mean, just once, will you please bust your rear end out of the batter’s box. Please. Is that too much to ask? No! And it is starting to or already has had an affect on Starlin. And that is simply unacceptable.
- Well, hello, Carlos Pena. Nice to have you on the club. I feel the need to let you know that the season goes until the END of September. You seemed to have difficulty grasping when it started. This is why I wanted to end any confusion.
- Poor Andrew Cashner. It just makes me sick to my stomach. Here’s hoping he bounces back and doesn’t experience the similar fate of other highly-drafted pitchers.
- I am starting to get a little excited about the draft. I would love to hear your thoughts below on whom the Cubs should pick. I know many of you follow it closely, so have at it on the draft.
Well, I think that is it for now. I hope the Cubs can win another game this week. And I mean that.
Also, I hope that each and every one of you is having a fantastic week despite the play of our beloved baseball team.
Until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans