Hey there, everybody … it’s Friday and it is time to ramble. Ramble like crazy. Spill my thoughts, go nuts, get excited, say dumb things, regurgitate funny jokes, basically just attempt to entertain you with all insights and thoughts on the Cubs!
We all know I have plenty to say when it is quiet, and there has been a lot going on this week so look out. It is time to unleash the beast.
So here we going rambling …
- Nope, it is not going to be the first thing I mention, but you sooooo know it is coming
- There is a joke somewhere in there, but I will avoid it.
- Marlon Byrd. Really, dude? Of all the trainers in all the land, you have to go choose a convicted felon. Perception is reality, buddy.
- With that said, I know this came up last year, but again, perception is reality.
- There is more optimism floating around Cubs Camp than I expected two months ago. And an unthinkable amount more than the end of the season.
- I am really excited about Carlos Pena. I am not sure what has happened in the past few weeks, but I am really coming around on him.
- Albert in a CUBS uniform. Let’s make it happen.
- No, I don’t care how much it costs. I don’t care if it is for 10 years. Just do it. The Cubs have the money. Put up more signs, I don’t care. Do it.
- I am going to be thickheaded, but I refuse to accept any argument against this.
- This destroys the morale of our archenemy. It completely annihilates the hearts of their fan base. Folks, I know I am getting ahead of myself, but …
- The could be the current-day version of “sale of Babe Ruth.” This would be so unbelievable.
- Words cannot even properly describe what could happen. This would be a seismic shift in power and emotion.
- Zonk is officially back. Great stuff. I fully support this move. Sutcliffe was my personal preference, but once he was deemed unavailable, I moved right to Moreland.
- He thoroughly impressed me during his substitute stints, and I think he will make a great partner for Pat. They will form some noticeable and enjoyable chemistry.
- I like Tyler Colvin getting practice at first. Jeff Baker as the back-up first baseman scared me.
- Speaking of Baker, he is doing whatever he can to become the very poor man’s version of DeRosa.
- So, Jeff … where is your version of Heidi? That is the standard. How did you do?
- To any women reading this: I am not really a pig. I am a great guy. I really am. I am just being jocular. And a jock. And a jerk.
- Shouldn’t Starlin Castro have reported to camp early? Show he knows he still has to work hard. Show how excited he is to get going. Same with Fukudome.
- Soriano and Ramirez can report on time. They are vets. But Castro should have been there early.
- I am not ripping him nor am I really passing judgment. But to my point about perception … he should have reported early.
- Bring on Pujols. Just do it.
- Just let me have this moment before reality sets in.
- Glad to see Soto kept the weight off. I think we will see an improvement this season. Now that he has had a full year to adapt to his new body shape. I really think he will surprise some people.
- Hey guys, Zambrano is going to keep his mouth shut. Z is going to let his pitching do his talking. Z has control of his emotions.
- Yea, and I stopped eating cheese.
- Seriously, Z. This is it. Your last chance. Get it together, big guy.
Well, that is all for now, Faithful. I hope I provided a bit of entertainment for your Friday. Spring Training is here, Opening Day is around the corner. I just love this time of year.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!