As you can tell by the headline, it is Friday and it is time to ramble. Let the thoughts flow, let it all hang out, let it go. And trust me, I have been snowed in for 48 hours and I am starting to feel it. I need to get out. And I did that by traversing to the Allstate Arena and watching the Fighting Irish defeat DePaul on the hardwood.
But, I digress. So let’s do this. Ramble on!
- Picking up where I left off last week, the Groundhog says Spring is near. I think Punxsutawney Phil must have not seen the 24 inches of freaking snow in Chicago.
- So, the Cubs are giving good ole Luis Montanez another shot. The only person has been given more “second chances” than him is Charlie Sheen.
- I want to take Matt Garza and Carlos Zambrano out for drinks, get them liquored up and then start a fight …
- No, I don’t really want to do that.
- Okay, yes, I totally want that to happen.
- Are the Brewers really going to win the NL Central? Really? Really?
- I can’t allow that to happen. The Packers are already playing in the Super Bowl. I don’t want to experience a sports landscape where Wisconsin is superior.
- I mean, it’s not fair. They already have the cheese thing going for them. What else do they need?
- Seriously, have you ever been to the Mars Cheese Castle. It’s awesome. Actually, Belinda Carlisle said it best, “Heaven is a place on earth.” And that place is the Mars Cheese Castle.
- Ryan Dempster is going to have a big year. I can just feel it now. He is going to be huge. I have nothing to back this up. It is just a feeling.
- I think one of the most underrated aspects of Kerry’s return is his impact in the clubhouse. With him and Dempster, I really think there is going to be great chemistry and leadership.
- Soriano hits 30 jacks. I just think that is what will happen.
- Fukudome is going to hit .365 in April.
- I know I slipped his name in there earlier, but whoa, Charlie Sheen. It’s really not funny anymore. Help yourself, bud. Or let someone help you.
- Things I wonder: Did Mike Quade get a super-awesome new place or is he still living in the same place as last year?
- I would bet that it is the same or similar as last year.
- I am going to the Kentucky Derby this year. Any hotel recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- Friday Night Lights is one of the best shows on television. I have DirecTV so I have been watching the final season before it is on NBC. I have one more episode left. Words don’t properly describe my sadness. What idiot is not renewing this show? Why is it not coming back? In an age where 90% of TV shows are idiotic crap, this fantastic piece of art is leaving. Sad.
- So, if you have never seen it, I suggest “Netflixing” it all starting with the first season. Just phenomenal stuff.
- Wow. Sorry for that. That deserves a “How do you really feel about it” type of question.
- Well, I have rambled for close to 600 words, and really, there is nothing of substance. But I leave you with this: If you have never been, go to the Mars Cheese Castle, and when you get back, watch an episode of Friday Nights Lights, then tip a beer to the thought of me starting fights so I can watch Garza and Z smash on people.
Okay, folks. That is all for now. I will let you get back to whatever it was that you were doing. Sorry for making you stupid today.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!