This has got to come to an end soon, right? Mercifully, there are only 18 games left before the final chapter of the 2010 Chicago Cubs baseball season can come to an end.
The funny part is that as much as I want this season to be over, I will be yearning for baseball by the holidays. However, that is pretty difficult to imagine. This season has been so painful; I just don’t want to think about it anymore.
With that being said, let’s not just think about it, but let’s talk about it. NOW.
- I went to the game in Milwaukee Friday night. Some buddies and I bought tickets back in April so we could celebrate our friend’s birthday … and what we hoped would be a meaningful game.
- We still had fun. Miller Park is a phenomenal stadium. If you have never visited and have the means, please put it on your calendar. It is a fantastic scene, and the tailgating scene is super-radical and gnarly. No seriously, it is pretty awesome.
- There was a child in the 11-13-year-old range sitting behind me. He constantly referred to Prince as “Fatty” while screaming taunts at him. His dad found this hilarious. He wasn’t outwardly encouraging him, but he wasn’t correcting him either.
- I have a feeling the child might find himself in an altercation at a baseball stadium later in life.
- Seriously, was Lou Piniella really Fukudome’s problem? Really? Really? (Imagine that SNL skit “Really with Seth and Amy.”)
- Really? Seriously? You have to be kidding me.
- Trade him. Trade him now! Pay half his salary and get him out of here. Now.
- Was I clear enough about that?
- Don’t look now, but The Shark might have actually benefitted from a year in the minors. Hmmm. Where have I heard that before? Oh, right. ME!
- I know, even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Or as an Irish-Canadian I know likes to say, “Even a blind crow finds a cob of corn.”
- Yes, I stared blankly at him the first time I heard it as well. But it always makes me laugh. Take it with you and use it. That is my gift to you.
- Well, I am right if you base it off of 5.2 innings.
- Last week I commented on Zambrano’s second-half performance. I was kind of joking and kind of being serious. Apparently, Buster Olney agreed with me.
- Let me clarify … Buster Olney doesn’t know me, but he commented on Zambrano’s impressive second-half bounce-back.
- I will continue using as many hyphenated phases as possible.
- Hendry said that Quade has done a great job or something of that nature.
- Does anyone else get the feeling that Quade has managed himself into contention for the full-time job?
- Does anyone else want to scream, “These games DON’T matter!”
- Fukudome and Zambrano are starting All-Stars in the “Games-that-Don’t-Matter All-Star Game.”
- Because the Games-That-Matter-All-Star Game actually matters. Remember, “this time it counts!”
- I just broke the “dash” button my keyboard.
- It matters to Samardzija though!
- Are you starting to wonder if my ramblings are over yet? Kind of like the baseball season? Yes, they are.
- Sorry the ramblings were a bit short. Similar to the Cubs, I cut my season short.
Only 17 more games and another 60-90 days before you are missing baseball like crazy and dreaming of April! In the meantime, go Irish, Bears, and anyone else that the CCO Faithful root for.
And if you are into NASCAR, please tell me who pull for this season in the Chase. I am leaning towards Denny Hamlin.
Thanks for reading that drivel. Enjoy your weeks, and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!