I am rambling today. That’s right. This has become such a joke, I don’t think I can concentrate on the Cubs long enough to come up with more than one complete sentence or half of a complete thought. I know this is very pathetic, but it is because the Cubs are rubbing off on me, and they are about the most pathetic thing around.
- As many here know and as Neil re-tweeted, Gammons is reporting the Cubs are trying to trade Lilly with the plan of resigning after the season. This will not happen.
- Why won’t it happen? It’s simple. This would be an extremely smart move. Therefore, the Cubs will not do it.
- I have read a few updates lately about Carlos Zambrano, his progress and when he might pitch next.
- You know what … I don’t care. Not only don’t I care, I don’t give a flying %$*@&**@$#&*$@*
- Is that clear enough?
- With Jason Heyward’s injury and struggles of late combined with the flat-out emergence and awesomeness of a young North Side outfielder, Tyler Colvin has established himself as a frontrunner in the Rookie of the Year discussion.
- I mentioned this to Neil the other day. He was not happy and said he hoped it did NOT happen.
- Why not?
- Really? Do I have to write it?
- Jerome Walton, Kerry Wood, Geovany Soto … that is why
- Beyond all of that, I am extremely impressed with Tyler Colvin. He has shown a lot. But, because the Cubs are the Cubs, I am cautiously optimistic. Maybe after about 6 years of consistent performance I will believe in him.
- Okay, at least 7 years.
- RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!!
- Man, I love Notre Dame football.
- Oh, you thought I was talking about the guru of hitting sitting in the Cubs dugout? Nope. I haven’t seen him around this year. Did his contract start this season?
- After the past few months, I just assumed his contract starts next year.
- This is how pathetic the Cubs season is and how pathetic, deluded and jaded I am: When I found out Mark Prior was pitching for scouts last week at USC, I seriously wondered if the Cubs were sending somebody … AND a small part of me hoped they were.
- Don’t worry. I smacked myself in the face pretty good after that one.
- Is Bobby Howry still on the Cubs? Seriously? I really don’t know.
- Alfonso Soriano is the most impactful offensive player on the Cubs. Breathe that in for a minute, and then let me know how you feel.
- NOT GOOD. I know.
- Sure, if Colvin played everyday, his numbers would be better, but based strictly off of stats, I would say the ‘Fonz is the one.
- I cannot go a whole column without saying that Marlon Byrd is awesome. He hustles. He cares. He is a consummate professional. I really like Marlon Byrd.
- Yep, we have reached official “Man Crush” territory on this one.
Look at the following statistics:
- Dempster: 6-7, 3.54 ERA
- Lilly: 3-7, 3.67 ERA
- Wells: 4-6, 4.67 ERA
- J. Cueto: 8-2, 3.56 ERA
- B. Arroyo: 8-4, 4.25 ERA
- A. Harang: 6-7, 5.02 ERA
That, right there, explains the 11-game lead.
- Unless this changes, the next three months are going to be even longer than the first three.
- Guys, seriously, it is the D’Backs. Can we win at least three? That’d be just great. Thank you so much.
Feel free to post your thoughts below and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!