Win four, lose three, and win three. It is hard to know what to expect from the Cubs these days.
After losing three in a row at home, Cubs fans were feeling down, but at the end of the weekend, the team was 7-3 in its past ten games. That is a 10-game record fans of almost any team will take, especially after losing a series to the Nats.
As the Cubs prepare to play in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati over the next six days, I am ready to ramble along, as I have no idea what to expect on the road. 5-1? 2-4? Who knows? It is getting rather unpredictable these days, but that is one of the things that make it so much fun.
- On Sunday afternoon, as John Grabow was giving up runs faster than I can eat donuts, Carlos Zambrano started warming up in the bullpen … and the place went CRAZY. He has got to love that.
- Speaking of John Grabow … you know what, I really do not know what to say. This is absolutely pathetic. You make almost $3 million this year and the manager can only put you in when the game is well out of reach. Dude, don’t do us like that. Not cool, man.
- The Nationals are pretty good. I now understand why Matt Capps signed there instead of on the North Side. At this rate, he is going to make a lot of money as a closer … an opportunity he would not have had with the Cubs.
- 5 games started, 2-0, 2.90 ERA, 21 K’s, 6 BB’s. Yea, I guess I will take that from Carlos Silva. Seriously, almost no one can say they expected this. I remember reading the comments the day of the trade. Based on the feelings back then, everyone should be happy with this production.
- I kept score at the game on Sunday. I haven’t done that since … well, let’s just say it’s been a long time. And you know what, I really enjoyed it.
- Okay, Aramis, what’s up? Do you want to talk about something? Is everything okay? Dude, what is going on?
- What percentage of Soriano’s contract does Jaramillo receive?
- I mean, seriously. I am sure the Jam-Man appreciates all of those man hugs, but he best be getting a cut.
- Many long-time CCO readers are aware of my penchant to develop man crushes. However, since DeRosa was jettisoned I have yet to develop another one … until now.
- I friggin LOVE Marlon Byrd. He embodies everything a professional athlete should. Heart, hustle, discipline and genuine care. Just awesome stuff.
- How much longer does Kosuke have to produce at this rate for people to have faith in him? Personally, he has to keep it going until at least mid-June. However, I am really enjoying his .342 AVG. and .438 OBP. Impressive.
- And how long does Randy Wells have to keep this up until I start believing in him. I always refer to him as “smoke and mirrors,” as in sooner or later everyone will figure him out and he will be extremely pedestrian.
- Honestly, it is going to take me another full season until I really have faith. Please tell me why I am wrong about this below.
- If Dempster keeps this up he should be an All-Star. This team has to stop letting him down. His 2-1 record is ridiculous considering his performance. Hey, Offense, please do something about his soon … like TONIGHT
- Tyler Colvin is impressive. This is a conundrum. I love Marlon Byrd. Fukudome is playing great and Cubs fans are absolutely loving Soriano. Maybe this four-man rotation is actually helping everyone. Who knows why for sure, but I hope it continues.
- 13-13. It is just like the Cubs to have a record like that … don’t you think.
- This is the very first Ramblings Poll: How many saves will Carlos Marmol have at the All-Star break? My answer: 19. Please respond with your answer below.
- Oh, and since I have no idea what to expect, I will just go ahead and say this: It will be a 4-2 road trip. But please, don’t take that to the bank.
26 down, 136 to go. Don’t give up just yet. In baseball, like life, you never know what is going to happen.
Share your thoughts below, including your answer to the poll question and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!