As the city of Pittsburgh slows down after the “joy of six” and the rest of the sports world slips into the most boring six weeks of the calendar, unless of course you love golf or watching cars turn left for three hours, the thought of pitchers and catchers reporting excites the bejesus out of me. I have a lot of thoughts and it’s time to share them in my wonderfully hypnotic stream of consciousness.
- I think Fukudome will have the opposite of the sophomore slump.
- Mark DeRosa’s absence will be evident immediately.
- Ryan Dempster will then just tell more jokes and put more icy-hot in Ted Lilly’s boxer-briefs.
- Speaking of … goodbye Mrs. DeRosa, but hello Mrs. Lilly
- I cannot believe Adam Dunn is still a free agent, I just can’t.
- I am nervous that Soto will miss Blanco. I am not predicting anything, just a bit nervous. It seemed as if they had a very good relationship.
- Is it wrong that I am overly entertained by the new “90210?”
- I mean, seriously, Rob Estes from the USA smash-hit “Silk Stalkings” and Aunt Becky from “Full House.” That combination is unbeatable.
- 2009 Cubs MVP – Aramis Ramirez. I know, I really going out on the proverbial limb on that one. Please share your thoughts on the Cubs MVP below.
- I went to college with Aaron Heilman. He thinks my name is Kevin. I just went with it.
- I know, I know … you are all very happy for me.
- Still scratching my head on that one. It is rather easy to speculate and criticize from an arm-chair, but can’t figure that one out. I guess the Weurtz trade made it make a little more sense … but not much.
- Already changed my mind regarding the ’09 version of Fukudome. That took about two minutes.
- If you haven’t heard Aaron Miles harrowing evening at a motel while in the minors, Google it. I am sure most, if not all of you have, but if not, check it out.
- I am taking May 2nd as in the “first time Harden goes on the DL.”
- Samardzija, Marshall or Heilman? Who do you want as the 5th? I am thinking the Shark.
- But then again, Marshall has done more to earn that role, but I guess that is one of the reasons for spring training..
- I have been out of town most of the time since mid-September. In fact, I have only been in Chicago for about four weeks since that time so, admittedly, I am a little out of the loop, but where is Angel Guzman? I mean, isn’t it about time, bud?
- I was extremely impressed with Milton Bradley after the Cubs Convention. Maybe, just maybe, it works this time.
- Love the guy or hate the guy, if Manny gets a multi-year contract worth more than $22.5 per year, Scott Boras must be considered a genius.
- I don’t think he is good for baseball, but he is darn good at his job.
- I say this from the perspective of the casual Cubs fan, not you guys, but I think Reed Johnson is the most underappreciated player on the team. One huge play every game. I will never forget watching Kerry Wood mouth “holy f—” after the catch in Washington, D.C.
- Two years removed from the injury and more familiar with his daughter’s condition, I think D-Lee is poised for a bounce-back season.
- Ya know, the more I think about Fukudome … never mind.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!