As I welcome in 2009, I don’t know what to think. I am confused. I am nervous. I don’t know what to say. Nothing makes sense. So, here goes …
- I think I am going to buy a Cleveland Indians hat tomorrow, or is it a “cap?”
- Neil once said that he wished Lou Piniella had 25 Mark DeRosa’s … now he has none.
- About less than 26 months ago, the Cubs signed Mark DeRosa and there was outrage among Cubs fans. “He’s not worth that money.” “He’s coming off a career year.”
- Two years ago, I could never have imagined feeling this much rage over the trade of Mark DeRosa.
- Bye, Heidi. It was … spectacular. (Think Teri Hatcher on Seinfeld)
- Outrage does not describe my feeling about the Jason Marquis trade. Hey, he wasn’t terrible. He bridged the gap here and there. I just always got the feeling that he thought he was better than he actually was. Just my opinion.
- So, we got a bunch of minor leaguers, freed up some salary and are well-positioned to sign … Milton Bradley.
- Am I missing something here? Milton Bradley? I mean, Monopoly is a pretty sweet game, for an 8-year-old, but Milton Bradley!!!!!!!!!
- $30 million for MILTON BRADLEY. Just let that sink in.
- Milton Bradley tore his ACL while arguing with an umpire. I am sure he won’t cause any issues on the field or in the clubhouse. He will be just fine. (In his defense, he was being restrained by the first-base coach during the argument and that led to the ACL tear.)
- But he still tore his ACL arguing with an umpire.
- Bradley excelled in the Texas. Have you ever been to that ballpark? I haven’t played competitive baseball in 15 years. I may be able to hit one out there.
- In fact, Mark Teixeira has 180 million reasons to thank the Ballpark at Arlington or whatever the company sponsors call it now.
- Clearly, I am ecstatic about the Cubs offseason thus far.
- I think I am on an island by myself on this one, but when you sign a man to a 4 year, $44 million contract, you can’t give up on him after one season.
- We are talking $74 million for a right field platoon. Again, just think about that.
- That might be more egregious than the Yankees spending more that the Domestic National Product of half of the countries in the world on 3 free agents. (That is a very loose guesstimate)
- On what planet is A.J Burnett worth $82 million? Is it the planet Melmac? (I miss ALF)
- Hey, just when I got nervous, the Cubs are about to go sign Paul Bako … and TOTALLY REDEEM themselves.
- If Hendry parlays the three suspects, I mean prospects, from the Indians into either Jake Peavy or Brian Roberts, then I will be okay. Yes, I am a gullible, misguided fan sometimes.
- Someone, please tell me why I should be excited about Milton Bradley. Also, I am going to promise you all that I drive the “Milton Bradley board game joke” into the ground. So far into the ground. You just watch.
- $74 MILLION for a right-field platoon.
- And … I am spent.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!