The CCO Radio returns for the latest edition on a much needed off day for the Cubs. Brian and Shaun, along with a special guest, discuss the latest from Carlos Zambrano’s great start to Ronny Cedeno to Ryan Theriot as well as the return of Alfonso Soriano. There is even a mention of Brian Roberts and discussion about Lou Piniella’s use of his bench over the weekend. Plus a couple of well-timed impersonations, the reminder to ‘Fear the Blanco‘ and after the first month….believe it or not, they are still excited.
After you are done listening, read on for twenty-five thoughts on the 25-man roster after 25 games…. “Managers, Men and More Lip Service – Installment 8″
Length – 44:57
Download - Managers, Men and More Lip Service – Installment 8
The CCO Radio is also available through iTunes….it is a free subscription or you can click on any of the icons to listen to the podcast.
If there is any topic you would like to have discussed during an upcoming installment of the podcast, drop one of us an email….
- Brian – email@example.com
- Shaun – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neil – email@example.com
Enjoy the podcast and as alwaysâ€¦remember to bring your sense of humor as well as your knowledge of Pop Culture and bands from the â€˜80s and the â€˜90s.
Twenty-Five Thoughts on the 25-man Roster after 25 games
- Ryan Dempster – Better than expected, big start coming up on Wednesday, Lou Piniella’s second best pitcher over the first month.
- Kevin Hart – First ball strike is the best pitch in baseball. When he does not fall behind in the count very effective, when he does very hittable.
- Rich Hill – Stop thinking and start pitching. Too much talent to have his turn in the rotation skipped.
- Bobby Howry – Thank goodness it’s almost May.
- Jon Lieber - The best insurance policy in baseball over the first month.
- Ted Lilly – Horrible start, decent finish….see Bobby Howry.
- Carlos Marmol – Give him whatever nickname you would like….but his stuff is just plain nasty.
- Jason Marquis – It is still early in the season and the Cubs are 3-1 in his starts.
- Sean Marshall – Very effective out of the pen but if Rich Hill does not turn it around, could be back in the rotation by the end of May.
- Kerry Wood – Dominating despite the two blown saves….Cubs won both games by the way.
- Michael Wuertz – Good outing Sunday probably another bad stretch away from a temporary relocation.
- Carlos Zambrano – Making good on at least one promise….just a year later.
- Geovany Soto – Despite striking out 8 times in a row in 2 games, caught a shutout and if he could stay on track figures to get plenty of votes for NL Rookie of the Year. Jody who?
- Henry Blanco – Ted Lilly’s personal catcher.
- Ronny Cedeno – Finally starting to click. Has the ability to push Theriot. Question remains, will he?
- Mark DeRosa – His value to the Cubs cannot be measured. Played 5 different positions in the first 25 games….and he can hit too.
- Mike Fontenot – Has to pick it up or risk being replaced in Chicago by Eric Patterson.
- Derrek Lee – MVP
- Aramis Ramirez – Shown patience and hustle not known for this year. Continues to come up with the big swing. Better in the field of late.
- Ryan Theriot – Great start, trying to hard of late. Off day should help let go of the last 4 games.
- Daryle Ward – One hit, a big one….but just one hit.
- Kosuke Fukudome – As advertised. Complete player, patient….and it is rubbing off on his teammates.
- Reed Johnson – Unbelievable Catch and great pickup by Jim Hendry. Johnson and Fukudome have made a big difference in the first month.
- Matt Murton – Looks like Murton will be the odd man out on Thursday when Soriano is activated. Has not taken advantage of the limited opportunity.
- Felix Pie – What a throw on Saturday night. Great defense, if he could just hit. Patience.
The 26th Man
- Alfonso Soriano – Hopefully time off will help his offense. Defense in left has been missed….but where does he hit?