This Thanksgiving is different, there is an enthusiasm surrounding the Cubs that has not existed in recent years. They are big players to this point in the off-season and it looks like Jim Hendry and company have only just begun. There are rumors of a possible 3-peat for Greg Maddux in a Cubs’ uniform and it is starting to look like the Cubs could have new ownership as early as December.
So pour a glass of Cubbie Kool-Aid today to go along with your turkey and dressing, enjoy the annual ritual of eating too much, falling asleep and waking up in the 3rd quarter of a boring football game….and then remember Opening Day is just 131 shopping days away. 10 Things the Cubs Faithful Should Be Thankful for….
10. The Bleachers – Name another park you can throw a ball on the field without being arrested.
9. Old Style Beer – 98 years without winning a World Series….How else can the Cubs Faithful cope with it?
8. The Goat, The Black Cat and Steve Bartman – We’ve got to place the blame somewhere, right?
7. Opening Day – Hope Springs Eternal
6. $231 Million Dollars – And you thought your wife could spend a lot of money in a week.
5. 1984, 1989, 1998, 2003 – Something is better than nothing
4. Ron Santo – The Voice of ALL Cubs Fans, who should take his rightful place soon in the Hall of Fame
3. Ryne Sandberg – Hard Worker, Dignity and Class – who all Cubs’ players and fans should aspire to be
2. Harry Caray – If he had not come to the Northside, we’d all be Sox fans
1. Wrigley Field – The most beautiful place on the face of the earth PERIOD
Happy Thanksgiving from everyone here at the CCO