10 Things All Cubs Fans Should Be Thankful For
As we all sit around with our family and friends today, ask yourself a question….what am I thankful for today?There are many things I am thankful for and the Cubs are one of them. Granted the ‘Lovable Losers’ can drive you crazy and make you pull your hair out, but can any of you actually imagine a summer without the Cubs or going to Wrigley Field? I can’t. For a lot of us following the Cubs from year to year has become a battle of wills….who will give in first?….will the Cubs finally win a World Series?….or will I jump ship and root for another team? For me it is root for the Cubbies and here is my Top 10 List of (Cubs) things I am thankful for:
9. Old Style Beer – 98 years without winning a World Series….How else can the Cubs Faithful cope with it?
8. The Goat, The Black Cat and Steve Bartman – We’ve got to place the blame somewhere, right?
7. Opening Day – Hope Springs Eternal
6. The 7th Inning Stretch – A tradition of thousands of people applauding bad singing….Root, Root, Root for the Cubbies!!
5. 1984, 1989, 1998, 2003 – Something is better than nothing
4. Ron Santo – The Voice of ALL Cubs Fans
3. Ryne Sandberg – Hard Worker, Dignity and Class – what all Cubs players and fans should aspire to be
2. Harry Caray – If he had not come to the Northside, we’d all be Sox fans
1. Wrigley Field – The most beautiful place on the face of the earth PERIOD
Happy Thanksgiving from Chicago Cubs Online